Longhorn

so will they explain what XP means in the next release?

will it come with "hee ha the next generation" skins?

alienware is similar to having a tree next to your toilet. Its nice for a while until the bugs bite you.

so this is a serious rumor related to apple somehow? tell me more!

Is it a habit for MS to name it's OS's after bovine species?... Guess it would make sense... new OS = new Cashcow. :p ;)

Originally posted by Rhino_G3
But this isn't until this computer gets duty serving MP3's and storing my home folders remotely...

This combined with one of those new Rendezvous-equipped stereos and I will throw down. The thought of this makes me quiver. Beee yootiful.

?Apple and Philips share a vision for the future,? said Kleisterlee. ?We both believe that consumers want devices throughout the home to talk to each other, so that, for example, the music stored in iTunes on your Mac can play through the Philips stereo system in your living room, or the photos stored in iPhoto can be displayed as a stunning slideshow on your Philips Flat TV..."

http://www.newscenter.philips.com/u...FPressRelease.asp?lArticleId=2495&lNodeId=602

I don't understand why MS decides to call the OS, Longhorn. What is so appealing about a horn being long? Even though Mr. Gates is married, is he trying to tell us something?

And what's with the clock? It's so overbearing and annoying!

Originally posted by drustar
I don't understand why MS decides to call the OS, Longhorn. What is so appealing about a horn being long? Even though Mr. Gates is married, is he trying to tell us something?

And what's with the clock? It's so overbearing and annoying!

kind of like the osx clock in the dock

Originally posted by monktus
Looks like explorer is still integrated into the OS, not good.

Not good is not true. Having explorer integrated into the system has way more advantages than it has disadvantages. It allows for a greater fluidity of operation using one's computer with the internet. On a PC, access to the Internet through Windows is seamless because Explorer is part of the GUI. Even Linux now has its Konqueror web browser as a part of the GUI (in other words, if Linux adopted it, you know it's good). Apple didn't do it and nobody knows why. But I guarantee you that once Apple integrates Safari with the GUI, the people here, you as well, will cheer and talk about how Apple 'innovated'.

Andre

Not true. I never use intergrated part IE when I am on windows. The only advantage as I see it is that IE opens nice and fast on a PC.
Safari opens plenty fast for me, so I don't care on my Mac. If you intergrate Safari into the Mac OS, then you can't remove it. The nice thing about OS X is it seems that Apple has managed to keep it fairly stand-alone. Help Viewer, on the other hand... :(

I see your point, all good in theory but Internet Explorer is not something I'd like to use as part of my gui. I use windows on my flatmate's PCs sometimes and it causes a fair bit of instability. I wouldn't like Safari doing the same quite yet either but of course Safari is just a beta at the moment, although quite a stable one. Once it matures I could see the possibilites of integration. I'm sure you'll understand why I'm dubious about Explorer though, I'll probably be convinced in time! :)

Back