LTM and Nummi show/ Rated "R"

yup, unless something has changed you cannot edit a thread name. i learned this after a couple of real bad spelling mistakes in thread titles. now i am really careful of my spelling when i start a new thread.;)

Originally posted by RacerX
It is just sad that the name of the thread would include a rating that, if this thread was a movie, would require that you be accompanied by your parents. :rolleyes:

well... I am only 16, and I have going "R" movies with friends for years. The people working at the movies do not seem to care.

Hopefully it is actually because you look older and not because they don't care (though working at a theater, I can see them not caring).

I do not see what the big deal is. Little kids hear bad words walking down the street/in the hallways at school. At my highschool, some kids swear so much, they could make a grown man cry.

Yes, I know. <RacerX starts to tear-up>

Anyway, why use that type of language? Is it the newness of it? The shock value? A fad? Why, use it? You know that I can cut down people without have to use that type of language, and it actually works better. When I see others talking that way (specially in anger) I just realize that they are at a loss for words... and therefore are in a weak position (that is vulnerable to attack). Ed pointed out some great things to remember when arguing once.

Originally posted by RacerX
Yes, I know. <RacerX starts to tear-up>

Anyway, why use that type of language? Is it the newness of it? The shock value? A fad? Why, use it?

I would not say it is fad... people have always used bad words... just not in public. But I guess for shock value, or to quickly get your point across. if someone is really pissing you off, you do not say, "sir, you are making me very angry, please stop now". you say: "F*CK off a**hole"

Here in NYF'nC, we often add a more polite ending, i.e.
"F' you, buddy!"
but seriously folks, if you are looking for a semi-valid reason not to swear, give some consideration to the saps that can't connect to the web except via a public machine with a Congressionally mandated "Web Blocking" filter, or worse, installed by their very own parents (the ignominy!) [by the way does this sort of thing even exist for X? And wouldn't any kid unix-geeky enough to be running X be able to defeat it?]. The ACLU is fighting the use of "this erratic and ineffective censorship technology," but believe me, unless the world starts working in a way that it never has before, things are going to get a lot worse before they get better. Now, you wouldn't want to deny the poor oppressed masses our pearls of wisdom because of rampant potty-mouth, would you?

he said potty-mouth. :)

btw putamare... I do not think your website is fully complete or something. I clicked on the portfolio link... and it just sat there forever.

Greetings!

I bet you didnt expect to see me here again did you. First of all. Thank you Admin! You have a heart after all.:D

Whats this crap about changing the name of the thread. JERRY! YOU TRAITOR!

Hate to cut it short today, but I gotta take my doggie to the vet. We will continue this later.

WEEEEEEEEE! Its good to be back!

What the hell is going on here! I had to go to the second damn page to find my thread... that the last post was only a couple of days ago. Who the hell is filling this place up with so many new threads. This has got to stop! Even all of the "congrats to...." threads are on the second page. Holy crap!

C'mon people lets get serious. This has to stop and it has to stop NOW!

Originally posted by Lessthanmighty
Damn Straight!

But its taking Admin longer to get rid of him. Why is that?

I do not know... Maybe the Admin is on vacation. Or maybe we were worse than Xoot. Who knows, who cares. As long as he does not mess up the "**********" forum... I do not care.

Originally posted by Lessthanmighty
But its taking Admin longer to get rid of him. Why is that?

You guys were never band because of too many posts, it had to do with your content. I haven't read that many of xoot's post (who has the time?), but to date he hasn't written anything that I have read that could be considered offensive.

If posting to many seemingly pointless posts was a reason to be kicked off, Herve would never have made it past his first month.

Where did you guys get the idea that you were kicked off because of posting too much? It seemed quite clear what you guys did each time, and you seem to be watching your language these days because of it. If you keep up with how your posting now, I don't see you guys having any problems in the near future.

No, I beleive you are wrong.

The first time was the posting like nuts time.
The second, swearing in a room that it was not acceptable. But really, how was I supposed to know that? Other people were using bad language in there way before I showed up. I guess thats what I get for joining the bandwagon.

The first time your posts were so offensive that Admin deleted everything you had posted on the site.

The second time you did end up in the wrong place at the wrong time (saying the wrong things), and Admin closed that thread and dropped both you and Alexandert (I don't know if he was let back in or not).

The point is that neither time was it posting too much, it had more to do with what you were posting (and where). Personally, when you guys post normal things, I like you. After you started to have your talks with Ed, things seemed fine to me (except that you get angry very easily :rolleyes: ). I was sorry that you got caught up in that mess and I'm glad to see you back. I really didn't think that this last time was completely your fault, and I was happy to see that Admin felt the same way.

I tend to stick with an idea that I get in my head. The only real way to determine who is right, is to ask Admin himself. I hope you understand.:D

Sounds like a great idea, I'll e-mail him and ask if he wouldn't mind paying us a visit.

I would remind you what Admin said after the first time:

by Admin, 02-07-2002
Both have been placed on COPPA restrictions. Parent approval is now required for them to return... with the understanding that all posts will be mailed directly to their parents should they get permission.

nuts posts have all been removed.

I don't think the volume of your posts would need your parents to view all your post, do you?
:rolleyes:

Well, if I remember correctly. I didnt swear in any places where there wasnt an apparent lack of care about such an issue. Ummm...yeah....thats what I meant.

Parents permission? I have to be honest, I think he was joking. I mean really.... my parents dont even know half the crap I do on the computer. Plus the fact that Admin doesnt even have my parents email address.

I think it was really because all of the stupid "garbage" posts in the PDA Community. I really filled that up with crap.... what was I thinking?:D

Back