MacXP.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes I beleive that Apple should loosen up on some copyright issues, but I have to aggree with simx. He makes a very good point that hasn't been disscussed already. These aren't just themes that add a pinstripe background or aqua buttons. These themes make programs like windows media player look like itunes, outlook look like mail.app, explorer look like omniweb. That is wrong. Also when I first say Neyo's desktop in another thread I thought that it was modified OS X instead of modified windows.

This could make things very confusing.

Sim makes a lot of good points that we should all consider.

P.S. Nice disclaimer :)

Originally posted by googolplex
when I first say Neyo's desktop in another thread I thought that it was modified OS X instead of modified windows.

:D :D :D hehe! :D :D :D

But, For any standard Windows User, they simple say ... "OmniWeb" ...WTF?! :confused: LOL! ... there was a poll, where Peeps asked, what they're Favourite Web Browser was, i sed OmniWeb, and they were like, "WHAT"? lol

Ah Well, That was Plz'in to Hear Googoplex! :D

NeYo

Originally posted by ~~NeYo~~

LOL! ... Thanks for that SimX ... But thats Far too Daunting 2 start Reading! ... I'm Lovin' short Posts! :D

I'm sure it had Full Justification! ;)

NeYo

*sigh*

I try to say something to help clear things up, and it doesn't get read.

Neyo, I would appreciate it if you at least try to read my posts. I at least attempt if not read all the way through your posts, and let me tell you that it is so much harder to read something with all your abbreviations and ellipses. So I think it's only fair that you try and read through my long post, because I'm trying to make some points.

I don't have anything against you or your writing style, Neyo, but I would just appreciate that you read it instead of just glossing over it. This way we won't go over the same things that I've said later.

Originally posted by simX

*sigh*

I try to say something to help clear things up, and it doesn't get read.

Neyo, I would appreciate it if you at least try to read my posts. I at least attempt if not read all the way through your posts, and let me tell you that it is so much harder to read something with all your abbreviations and ellipses. So I think it's only fair that you try and read through my long post, because I'm trying to make some points.

I don't have anything against you or your writing style, Neyo, but I would just appreciate that you read it instead of just glossing over it. This way we won't go over the same things that I've said later.

...hmmm... Sorry Dude! ... I Will Read it Shortly! ... Just Gonna Get Some Grub! Knowing U, u've Prolly considered EVERY Aspect, and Conjured up the perfect Post, thus killing the Debate! ;) lol! ... Guys, can u sense, beneath (Whats known as) "Ghetto" Talk, is some1 of considerable intelligence!?

NeYo

well not sure if yall know this or not but MACXP.NET isn't where these apps came from but from another site... Aqua-soft.org now do not go doing stuff to that site its the original aqua site. now as for these apps the whole point is to make windows look like a mac now duh aqua finder is SUPPOSED to be 100% like the osx one same with mail. but i dont' get why apple hasn't said anything to us in over a year about this stuff. they must not care but infact the mac users do. i think apple is making money from this stuff rather than losing it. do you know how many windows users have bought macs because of the aqua interface that we have shown windows users? i'm on of them and i can name plenty isn't that right neyo ;)

Originally posted by Timan
well not sure if yall know this or not but MACXP.NET isn't where these apps came from but from another site... Aqua-soft.org now do not go doing stuff to that site its the original aqua site. now as for these apps the whole point is to make windows look like a mac now duh aqua finder is SUPPOSED to be 100% like the osx one same with mail. but i dont' get why apple hasn't said anything to us in over a year about this stuff. they must not care but infact the mac users do. i think apple is making money from this stuff rather than losing it. do you know how many windows users have bought macs because of the aqua interface that we have shown windows users? i'm on of them and i can name plenty isn't that right neyo ;)

For Sure! ... But Only us Windows Peeps Will know that! ;)

But Yep. i'm with u, FOR SURE! :D

..i can't wait for my iMac << sobs >>

NeYo

Timan: I was using the Aqua Mail and Aqua Finder apps as an example, as well as the total conversion of Windows to OS X using themes.

Your point about Apple not having taken up the issues is moot. It does not matter if Apple has not taken issue with these programs or your website. The fact is that Aqua Mail, Aqua Finder, and any themes that are being provided could possibly infringe on Apple's intellectual property and/or copyright rights, and thus Apple has discretion on whether to act or not to act. If down the road you come up with the perfect Mac OS X theme and Apple allows it for three years on Windows, it still has the right to demand that you take it down because of the things I outlined in my last long post.

I'm not going to go into the issues on why Apple has not had an issue with your site, because frankly, I don't work at Apple, and I don't know how Apple Legal would deal with the issue. Just know that if you ARE providing themes for Windows that make it look strikingly like Mac OS X, Apple could someday ask you take your work down.

If things went my way:

1. Themes go back up on MacXP.net
2. Timan would kindly remove any content if legitimately requested
3. Disgruntled Mac users would send grammar-correct, cordial emails requesting removal to Timan25@cox.net and copyright@apple.com
4. If Apple cared, Apple can do something about it. They are capable of legal action and have used it in the past (eMachines, for example)

You bet those OS X themes are flattery! If not, why the heck would Windows users install them?

This issue is not worth getting steamed over.

Originally posted by ~~NeYo~~
But, For any standard Windows User, they simple say ... "OmniWeb" ...WTF?! :confused: LOL! ... there was a poll, where Peeps asked, what they're Favourite Web Browser was, i sed OmniWeb, and they were like, "WHAT"? lol

Funny, I remember taking part in a poll with Mac users about three years ago where I also said OmniWeb, and got almost the same reaction. No one knew what I was talking about. Today, OmniWeb is just another browser for Mac users. I think that Omni is right to ask that their product not be copied considering the number of years they had to go without a user base (1997-2001).

intellectual property?>??? thats term doesn't even make any sense. Ownership + ideas?. No matter how many laws you try to pass and all the bullshit descriptions you make up the consept of intellectual property has no real exsistence when it comes to the ownership of thoughts, once out there its no longer yours. You've repeated those terms so many times you no longer question what they mean.

Timan remember with whom you are talking with, these are mac (wack) users and so they will tell you anything and everything to get you to take down your site. Just modify the icons like the original site did .

Some of these people try a little to hard at portraying them selves as Mac users its disgusting. Conditioned by other dickless users to loose their individuality
and bark the same commands that were barked at them. If you have not noticed yet Timan there are two sides to the Mac world, on our side The Good Guys and the other the bad bad egalitarians, non-creative too much money under the mattress penis envy Mac users. And the geeks who after being fuck over by MS for years have come over to our side and think because they've read everything on OS X and know everything about Apple and how everything works, they think they own the company!. Its not your intellectual property (hahahaha) so don't worry about it the only ones who do don't give a shit so why the fuck do you?.

Hey, Timan, Dazzla 'n' Co ... Have u seen Y/C's sosumi XP Site? .. it's Looking Good, and thats a Hell of a theme! Respect to him! :D

I would post a link, but it may get attacked! LOL! ;)

NeYo

well i'm just sick of the fact my sites shoutbox and my inbox is flooded. i can deal with all this hate about how my site sux yak yak yak. i mean how do you think aol feels about their progs they know it sux but some people use them. like my stuff alot hate but some luv. so i think i'll leave my site up and if you don't like something *THAT YOU MADE! that is on the site i will remove it at request other than that i have nothing further to say.

thanks
tim:)

intellectual property?>??? thats term doesn't even make any sense. Ownership + ideas?. No matter how many laws you try to pass and all the bullshit descriptions you make up the consept of intellectual property has no real exsistence when it comes to the ownership of thoughts, once out there its no longer yours. You've repeated those terms so many times you no longer question what they mean.

Timan remember with whom you are talking with, these are mac (wack) users and so they will tell you anything and everything to get you to take down your site. Just modify the icons like the original site did .

Some of these people try a little to hard at portraying them selves as Mac users its disgusting. Conditioned by other dickless users to loose their individuality
and bark the same commands that were barked at them. If you have not noticed yet Timan there are two sides to the Mac world, on our side The Good Guys and the other the bad bad egalitarians, non-creative too much money under the mattress penis envy Mac users. And the geeks who after being fuck over by MS for years have come over to our side and think because they've read everything on OS X and know everything about Apple and how everything works, they think they own the company!. Its not your intellectual property (hahahaha) so don't worry about it the only ones who do don't give a shit so why the fuck do you?.

I hate to bring arguement back in here but ReStarr stop being an idiot and a troll. Could a moderator please deal with this? Some of us, including myself are being perfectly reasonable and you just post something attacking us, whining about how you are the "good guys". Stop being arrogant and get out of your bubble please. I have been very calm and reasonable so far but this is really starting to piss me off. Argueing like this is petty, pathetic and just downright immature.

Oh and timan, I'm sorry your caught up in the middle of all of this. You are being very reasonable and I'm sorry that it all came down to this.

Someone please deal with this.

I reported RedStarr's post to the moderator for obvious reasons.

Logic, patience, and peace have been thrown out the window on this thread again.

Its not your intellectual property (hahahaha) so don't worry about it the only ones who do don't give a shit so why the fuck do you?.

Such language!

I think people like myself, SimX, and googolplex have made valid, INTELLIGENT arguments for our side. A few others are resorting to calling us "mac whacks", and getting personal with their insults.

I guess it really is time to shut this thread down, but I'm just having so much fun messing with the Aqua Thieves that I can't help myself!

Originally posted by RedStarr

I'll only respond to your first paragraph because the others were obviously out of line and don't deserve a response.

The only reason I use intellectual property without questioning what they mean is because legally, intellectual property exists, and it will be used to argue a case in court. Therefore it doesn't matter what you think of it, only what lawyers and courts think of it. I'm trying to be practical and sticking to the topic at hand – I think we can save the debate over semantics for another thread.

googolplex fight your own battels don't go crying to mod to help....freak this you pissed me off now....and wha! you gona do puto.

do I know you?? I haven't said a word to you did I mention any names here, no!. I have the right to comment, speak my mind and not be shut down just because you don't agree with my views.
Troll?? I own two count them two so how the hell can I be a troll.

I guess you must have fallen into one of the categories that I mentioned and took offense
rich boy, dickless or is it geek which everyone it was I'm sorry. Ok I had to do that you made me so dont bitch....k
And simX rhetorical question

There are language rules here, please follow them. And please try to speak English, I don't want to have to find my Captain-1337-PublicSk00-Crunch Decoder Ring to read a post.

Originally posted by dricci
I don't want to have to find my Captain-1337-PublicSk00-Crunch Decoder Ring to read a post.

LMFAO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

NeYo

Edit: Oh! i jut Realised, For the Majority who won't know the meaning of that "expression" ... it stands for Laughing My F**king Ass Off! ;):rolleyes:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back