Panther 7B21 (newer Panther builds)

Quick question for those of you downloading the segments...

Do I have to do anything in particular to reconnect them all into 1 disk image as Disk 1?

Final Cut Pro 4 works correctly now! Nice. Now I can finally I can throw all caution to the wind and make a beta OS my primary system for work as well as play. :D

Ok, I have two new coasters trying to burn the segmented images...anyone have any insight into how I'm supposed to do this properly?

thanks!

Segmented images? That's a new one for me. I always get full dmgs. My guess is you need to lock the segments and mount them (so that the mounted image is locked), then make a full, single image of that. I don't know if it will be bootable then, but it's worth a shot.

I kinda tried that. I took all the images and dragged them onto a 10.2.6 machine to use disk copy. Dragged the whole folder on and made a new image. Then I burned that to CD. No dice. Now I'm trying to burn just the UserCD1.dmg, which *MAY* be linked, somehow, to the rest of the smaller images?

HELP!!

On the 10.2.6 machine, did you try selecting the first segment file as the burn file/source? That might load the rest as it goes. Other than that, I'm out of ideas.

Got it!

If you need to reconnect the DMGParts, grab disk copy off of a 10.2 machine, or use a 10.2 machine and instruct Disk Copy to burn ONLY the .DMG file. If you add any of the DMGPart, it will not work. the .DMG must have a link to the other files with it.

They should have instructions.

LOL

great minds think a like, huh?

I tried that out in the other room and posted before reloading the forum. I thought that may be the case, but since Panther broke my Disk Copy, it's obnoxious. I sent in a note to Apple Dev. to suggest they put instructions on the site or such.

I'm surprised they didn't. Maybe they take us for more clever than we are when it comes to burning little DiskImage segments :D.

If anything, they made it too easy!

I mean, it's a lot easier to burn one small file that configures your whole CD than to join them and drag them all on by hand or create a new image out of them.

i did a clean install. so far so good, until now... i cant get past the registration screen when booting indesign....

damn this beta testing stuff ;)

Everytime I restart/login, iChat's preferences are deleted. I get the "Welcome to iChat AV!" message..

I had it installed over WWDC release. It LOOKS GREAT. I loved the finder enhancements. The ability to make a disk image right from disk utility is sweet. Mail was a VAST improvement with ability to delete both junk and trashed mail right from the button at the bottom of the mailboxes window.
It was more buggy for me however. BUT only in Dreamweaver (which it totally did not like, And oddly it wouldn't let me minimise an external firewire disk finder window. Main HD finder window was fine.
It is ultimately going to be incredible. SOON. You can't beat those zooming icons either.

Originally posted by RPS
Everytime I restart/login, iChat's preferences are deleted. I get the "Welcome to iChat AV!" message..

Yeah, I copied my com.apple.iChat.AIM.plist and com.apple.iChat.plist files from my Jag partition and that seemed to fix it.

What happens when you click the button in the upper right corner of a finder-window (so toolbar and sidebar hides) AND THEN choose "show toolbar" from the "view" menu. does it turn to metal while it expands?

Originally posted by Decado
What happens when you click the button in the upper right corner of a finder-window (so toolbar and sidebar hides) AND THEN choose "show toolbar" from the "view" menu. does it turn to metal while it expands?

Yep. You either have metal _with_ features or Aqua without any.

Back