Picture of your setup

Originally posted by crash
just got my "desk" this morning.

and yes, it IS an old door. but hey, it works. and it's huge.

Let it be known that back when I had a couple of Amiga 2000s, late 80s, my neighbor remodeled his house and threw out a door I used as a desk. It served me well.

I see a lot of users with systems on the floor and other peripherals. Don't know about anyone else, but I like everything on the desktop if possible. Picture of new setup coming soon. Waiting to buy a digital camera or camcorder first.

I finally made my dream come true: a three display setup for my quicksilver (I love the Radon 7000 PCI) consisting of a Cinema Display and two 17'' Displays (though the left display is shared with the SGI VW 540 which will get it's own SGI1600W soon)

All my systems stand on the floor since I don't have enough room on my desk

Attachments

• desktop.jpg
    desktop.jpg
    74.7 KB · Views: 166
Thanx :)

But I have to admit I have problems to dispatch the heat the Onyx produces, that's why I am getting a new air conditioning system for my apartment soon.

Then, hopefully, I can bring my Onyx2 back home, at the moment, I can't bear working on it in my room...it just gets too damn hot...

Here it is. Let me know how you guys like it. Its perfect just for me.

Attachments

• desktop pic1.jpg
    desktop pic1.jpg
    60.1 KB · Views: 182
Originally posted by Oscar Castillo
Just snapped a pic of my new dual. Wish I had a DV camera.

Nice! :)
I originally thought the "chrome" was actually a brushed metal when I saw it on Apple's site... it wasn't until we recieved our Dual 1Ghz for the office that I realized it was a mirror/chrome finish.... nice! :)

I'm trying to get a pic of it, but the office is so full of PCs and so messy that the Mac does not look right between all that mess. :(

Originally posted by Tormente

Nice! :)
I originally thought the "chrome" was actually a brushed metal when I saw it on Apple's site... it wasn't until we recieved our Dual 1Ghz for the office that I realized it was a mirror/chrome finish.... nice! :)

I'm trying to get a pic of it, but the office is so full of PCs and so messy that the Mac does not look right between all that mess. :(

I think everyone that didn't like it at first thought it was brushed aluminum. Even so I think even brushed aluminum wouldn't look bad either. I didn't like it at first, but when I brought it home and set it up it actually looked better on the desk than my QuickSilver did. Even when the QuickSilver first came out, I looked at my Graphite and thought perhaps the QuickSilver was a bit too plain looking in the front. But it looked streamlined after I got use to it and I ended up upgrading to a QS 800.
When the ChromeSilvers came out it just didn't look right to me, but take a look for yourself in this comparison shot. I like the ChromeSilver.

Attachments

• old and new.jpg
    old and new.jpg
    98 KB · Views: 152
fullsystem.jpg

Originally posted by Oscar Castillo

When the ChromeSilvers came out it just didn't look right to me, but take a look for yourself in this comparison shot. I like the ChromeSilver.
hmm, good comparison. i do like the new ones afterall.

Originally posted by dave17lax

hmm, good comparison. i do like the new ones afterall.

Yeah - me too! And being an old muscle car nut - I love it's quad "hood scoops" (air vents) - and yes folks they DO grab air, they are NOT just for decoration as others thought (I think even Steve Jobs himself said they where decoration?), I can DEFENATLY feel air movement. :)

i always loved my powerbase's (mac clone) wide scoop at the bottom. you could suck up ants with that thing, and it looked sweet.

I just took this pic for someone and then I was glancing threw here and saw this so ill upload it :)

Chrom is in the mail :) but as it stands basicly: G4 dual 500 (10.2), 4u P4 Dual 1.6 (Redhat), P3 800 (FreeBSD), loads of memory and even more Drive space, Digital Audio System, Axis Video Servers, 2 19" Viewsonic LCD's , Oh i dunno I could do this all night.... but heres a pic. Its a little dark, i wanted to keep the natural light that his here so this pic truley represents my enviroment..

www.nemoweb.net/images/computer.jpg

www.nemoweb.net (my dogs website,lol :p)

Originally posted by MooDog
I just took this pic for someone and then I was glancing threw here and saw this so ill upload it :)

Chrom is in the mail :) but as it stands basicly: G4 dual 500 (10.2), 4u P4 Dual 1.6 (Redhat), P3 800 (FreeBSD), loads of memory and even more Drive space, Digital Audio System, Axis Video Servers, 2 19" Viewsonic LCD's , Oh i dunno I could do this all night.... but heres a pic. Its a little dark, i wanted to keep the natural light that his here so this pic truley represents my enviroment..

Get some light on the front of that desk so we can see what the source of all those leds are.

as per request...lol

http://www.nemoweb.net/images/lightslol.jpg

top to bottom.
Digi001
Patch Bay for all audio
Axis Video Servers and a Dazzle box
Tascam DA-30
APC multi Unit Control
4u P4
2u P3

to the right is my Dual 500 G4

Random things like hubs, etc.... are mounted under the desk. ill be going through the wall soon :)

Im thinking Of expanding the rack to the right and mounting my macs when i get my new one. who knows.....lol im running out of organized room. lmao

Back