Post your desktop !

That is one slick desktop wasabi! I normally go for minimalist desktops but yours looks great. Bright and colourful, perfect for a Monday morning to cheer me up!

Sogni said:
Why can't I delete my own post? :p
The admins disabled that some time ago to prevent abuse, like deleting the first post of a thread to delete the entire thread, deleting posts so the threads dont make sense, etc.

Urbansory rulez! ::love::

Urbansory is ULTRA cool just because he loves his mother! ;)

Long live the amazing mothers of this world... :D

Keep it up Urbansory :)

Wow - lilbandit you have your system in Irish? I see máirt .. must be tueday? Can you get all hte system in Irish? :)

Unfortunately not, it's limited to days, date and a few other things. But, there is support for Irish language characters, so I can write to friends in Irish. It's particularly useful in Irish schools. Children can use the language to write letters, essays and even send e-mail. Macs offer great support for Irish language, its one of the reasons I switched. I just wish that more schools would consider macs as an option!

Awesome. Could you send some links to something that is in Irish .. or teach some practical Irish .. (like classics .. "i love you" "i love my mac" "one more beer, please" etc) ?

I know a few good phrases myself but I'll have a look for a decent site. Irish can be difficult to pronounce though!
I love my mac would be something like the following...
Táim i ngrá le mo Mac!
or
Taitníonn mo Mac go mór mór liom
or
Gráim mo Mac níos mó ná na realtaí sa spéir
The last one means I love my mac more than the stars in the sky!

Another beer please= piúnt nua mas é do thoil é (a new pint please!)
or even better:
deoch uisce beatha do díreach= a drink of the water of life now! Water of life (uisce beatha) is whiskey!!!
Good chat up lines!!
Níl tú pósta, an bhfuil?= You're not married, are you?
Tá do shúile níos goirme ná an fharraige: your eyes are bluer than the ocean..
If none of the above are successful
:D use "póg mo thóin"= kiss my ar*@

Try http://www.beo.ie/ to see a general interest site, has lots of current affairs and stories relating to Irish language

Back