Safari with Tabs (v62 - v71)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think I've found a bit of a bug in v67, so I'd be interested in whether or not anyone is seeing it. I have found that when I set the preference to always display the tab bar I start to see rendering errors in the tabs. Generally this happens only with the tabs at the left-most side of the screen. What I'll see is one or two different things, usually.

The first is when I have only a few tabs open. I see some extra weird lines being drawn or I'll see more than one tab saying that it is highlighted. It doesn't impact the function of the tabs, but it certainly is ugly.

The second shows up when I have enough tabsd open that they start to shrink. What happens here is that Safari will decide it wants to draw its tabs at the default width so it starts highlighting and stroking a normal size tab over whatever tabs are actually open.

Both of these behaviours disappear when I set it back to only display the tab bar when needed.

Ever wonder if apples really mad because of all the bug reports they get from the public on non-released versions. Sure tabs might not work right but they may have told testers what NOT to report bugs on. Then the public gets it and reports all those bugs and pisses off apple.

Originally posted by twister
Ever wonder if apples really mad because of all the bug reports they get from the public on non-released versions. Sure tabs might not work right but they may have told testers what NOT to report bugs on. Then the public gets it and reports all those bugs and pisses off apple.
This is one of the reasons why I have not been reporting bugs in these unreleased versions. I hope very much that Apple will release a public beta with tabs before they go to the full version as I think they would benefit from wider user input, especially now that they have closed the seed program. I also hope that the 'Bug' button will remain in the final release version, though perhaps not "on" by default.

does anyone know when a new preview release (v68 or v69), or v70 will come out? Yay they're close to v100, just a few more months and they'll probably release version 1.0!

Twister, why don't you just get 67? it's practically 70, except that when you download an mpeg it doesn't open automatically.

70 will basically be like 67. 67 is 3 thingies away from 70. Besides, what else could they add in 3 little thingies?
yay

Originally posted by Androo
70 will basically be like 67. 67 is 3 thingies away from 70. Besides, what else could they add in 3 little thingies?
yay

All this Techno is too much for me! :p

<< Grabs Blonde Wig >>

NeYo

Don't know why but I don't feel like getting .67 before apple lets me. Maybe I'm crazy that way. I just keep telling myself that it's coming tomorrow. :)

Originally posted by twister
Don't know why but I don't feel like getting .67 before apple lets me. Maybe I'm crazy that way. I just keep telling myself that it's coming tomorrow. :)

...Just like them iPods! :rolleyes:

...:(

Originally posted by Androo
yay
Remember that tabbies were introduced just 2 thingies after v60?

True! 2 Thingies, wow! Does anyone find autocomplete useful yet? I've tried it on heaps of forms, and its been little use. And yet my address book is quite comprehensive for "me". But other than my own personal details, Safari doesn't seem to log stuff i type before. I visit one or two sites daily, where i have to enter a User ID and Pass, and it STILL requires me to do the same. :(

...What is everyone expecting to come up shortly in Safari?!

Sort Tabs by name would be nice.
Spell Check would make sense.
Downloads - Estimated time would be kinda nice.
...and i guess, overall compatibility increase... which WILL come, in time! :D

Fryke, May i ask, why you're glad not to be american? ... i too am glad, being English is great! :D ...oh, and do you eat toblerone?! lol

NeYo

Spell check is in there. I just want it defaulted to 'check as you type' and ON all the time.

I also want the download to let me choose where to save the file AND then close the download window after the download is complete.

Tabs ( which are coming to the general public soon )

And the ability to log into wellsfargo.com :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back