Safari with Tabs (v62 - v71)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally posted by gwynarion
Can you give some indication as to where you found it? I've been noodling around in Acquisition and have yet to turn anything up...

I was walking to work and I found it on the floor.

:eek:

;)

Originally posted by fryke
it IS page 16 if you haven't set your pages to show more threads. ;)

v67's tab handling is buggy at best. was better in v64. :/

Hey Fryke, whats up with the tabs in v67? I don't see any negative points with them, over v64. I like how u can command click, and it will now ALWAYS open in a new tab. Amongst other small things!

Holla! ... ma fellow european :D

Originally posted by dlloyd
Very off topic, but I really like you portfolio/resume, gwynerion!
Thank you :) The Flash version is nearing completion and should be all ready to roll out within an other week or so.

Hmm... For me Apple-T doesn't open a new tab.
Command-Shift-Left (or Right) doesn't move to the previous (or next) tab.
Some tabs draw badly...
's about it with my grieves...

After reinstalling it just now, it kinda worked. But the redrawing problem (totally shiftet tabs) was too bad. Waiting for v68, really...

Safari v67 shows some serious improvements. AutoForm complete works now, and works quite well.

I don't see any of the issues Fryke has mentioned, however.

On a plus note, I can now finally get in to my online banking system. In limited testing, it works somewhat. For some reason, my online billpay page doesn't load, but everything else is operational.

Looks like Safari is just an eyelash away from dislodging Camino as my browser of choice!

Originally posted by fryke
Hmm... For me Apple-T doesn't open a new tab.
Command-Shift-Left (or Right) doesn't move to the previous (or next) tab.
Some tabs draw badly...
's about it with my grieves...

After reinstalling it just now, it kinda worked. But the redrawing problem (totally shiftet tabs) was too bad. Waiting for v68, really...

i have none of those problems myself... tried trashing prefs etc?

I don't know about your guys but my impression of Safari hasw always been that compared to Chimera / Camino it's always been slower. :)

I don't know about your guys but my impression of Safari hasw always been that compared to Chimera / Camino it's always been slower

I find that Safari actually renders HTML just about as fast as Camino. They seem equal on this task...

However, I have problems with Safari attempting to load a URL, and after 60 secs, it times out. The funny thing is, if I attempt to load the same URL in Camino, it pops right up. Seems Safari has issues from time to time with URL fetching. I haven't quite discovered a pattern as to why it happens/why it doesn't, but it can be quite annoying.

However, with each release it seems to happen less and less....

Yup, it was mainly my problem. So I'm running v67 English now.

Problems I still have:
- If I open tab folders from the bookmark bar with apple-click or through the menu, the first tab behaves strangely, i.e. stays lit up, breaks over the 2nd one's limits (graphically) etc.
- German (included) version doesn't open windows, instead it crashes.

So far, though, so good. Let's hope for an even better release (and public, too) soon.

SlashDot Writes...

"This morning Safari beta v67 was leaked to the Internet. Because this is the third time it has happened (v62 and v64 were leaked), Apple has apparantly had enough and decided to terminate the seed program that provided unreleased beta verisons to selected developers. In a email sent to all developers and posted on Mike Wendland's blog, Apple says: 'Due to Safari 67 postings to the internet, we have closed the Safari Seed project. We know that the majority of you are not responsible for the leaks to the internet, and we sincerely appreciate your feedback, time and effort with this project.'"

:mad: :(

By the way ... the great OPEN SOURCE thing Steve was talking about in MWSF when he released Safari - how can an "open source" software leak? :)

I don't really think it matters that safari has been leaked, it's a bigger deal that people probably went against rules that apple had set when they let people sign up for the seed program. I think it would bee good if apple released nightly builds of safari like they do with chimera... Nightly builds and the bug button would make it easier for the programming team to catch the little bugs faster.
Well, get your hands of v64 before it goes out of style!

Oh, btw as long as this is a safari discussion, whats the key command to switch tabs? To the right or left... I haven't been able to figure that one out yet. Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back