Safari with Tabs (v62 - v71)

Status
Not open for further replies.
...and...

Anyway, I still like the idea of attaching a tab drawer to one side of the main window. The in-browser tabs are ugly and subfunctional, and the drawer could slide out, making the Safari window slightly smaller if necessary, thus leaving the desk space for more browsing. Plus, Safari only has metal on the top portion of the window whereas other apps have it all around, so I think Safari may be better suited to be Aquafied like Apple's finder windows than metalesque.

People, how come so many of you have it already? And is the tabbing pre-set, or is it something you can turn on/off trough preferences?

Originally posted by RPS
People, how come so many of you have it already? And is the tabbing pre-set, or is it something you can turn on/off trough preferences?

Because a bunch of people posted the dmg on their website in violation of Apple's license :) And it's not preset, you have to enable it.

Brian

Must first enable the debug menu. Then you can access the tabs feature. If you don't want tabs you don't have to have them even when they are enabled. I believe you can get a maximum of 12 tabs as of right now. Though at start they are left justified... probably should be centered. But really like the effect that it is attached to the top instead of the bottom. Works so much better then when Chimera and Moz was playing around with it... couldn't stand that back then.

has anyone figured out the forms autofill yet? Or has it been overlooked by the tabs :) great job on tabs apple, I like how you guys reinvented the look, didn't just copy it from chimera :)

Originally posted by Chibi15
Here you can see what safari with tabs look like.
It is a screenshot from v62 - which is bleeding edge, but unstable as hell.

What's so buggy about the new build?

Generally: don't post links to get that v.62 before it's released officially, please. If you want it, get it from elsewhere or bug privately the people who could / have it. Thank you. :)

What's so buggy about the new build?

I've used it for more than 30 minutes and I haven't found any bugs. Oh, but one thing I don't like: actually, nevermind. I was gonna complain about Command-N creating a new window.... when i wanted a new tab instead... but I just learned how to create a new tab... Command-T.

However, back to whining:
In chimera, I'm able to choose whether clicking on a link from outside of the browser will open in a new window, or in a new tab. I want that option. I'd set it to new tab.

If you hold the Apple key while clicking a link it will open in a new tab. :) Thought this would be nice to know, for all of you that use key commands while clicking. Also, you can right-click/control click and choose that option.

-EDIT- That's odd, it only does it sometimes with the Apple key.. :confused:
-EDIT EDIT- Ooh, but if you hold down the Apple key while selecting a bookmark, or hold it down the entire time you're browsing through a bookmark folder and select a bookmark, it will open the bookmark in a new tab. :D

Originally posted by wdw_
I figured out the Auto Forms feature. Actually, BlingBling3k12 did and he showed me. anyway. this pic should explain it:

Stop rubbing it in and tell us ;)

I ran into an odd bug where all webpages stopped displaying. Don't know what caused it but I went back to the previous official version cause I got annoyed by how the window resized up when the last tab was closed. Yes little quirks really bug me ;)

another odd quirk, like previously reported, only sometimes does command+click open in a new tab... :confused:

i just hope all you people are reporting these bugs so apple can get them fixed quickly and we can get the stable version released soon. :D

Haha. :p Does the bug button work in that version?

Wait, I want to see tomorrow on apple's site instead of the normal "Welcome Safari user" .. "Welcome you illegal Safari user" .. :p

Originally posted by Giaguara
Wait, I want to see tomorrow on apple's site instead of the normal "Welcome Safari user" .. "Welcome you illegal Safari user" .. :p

That would rock!

ive used the bug button to report the bugs...

also, shouldnt the distrubuter of said illegal safari also be incarcerated G? ;)

i'm sure if apple can determine who did it, they won't be getting any more betas. :D

unless it was SJ doing something crazy for his birthday. :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back