Tiger bug list. hopefully could be helpful

Well, I seem to have come up with a workaround for the inline-image issue. If I copy and paste in an image (as opposed to using the "attach" command), it seems to work fine. Creating an e-mail from iPhoto works as well.

I haven't had a problem getting a signature to attach, but one place you might look is under signature preferences. It appears that the default signature is “none.” Try setting the default to whichever signature you want to use, and see if that works. Also, since you can have different signatures for different mail accounts, you might need to drag a signature from the "all signatures" list to the list of signatures for a specific account.

Hope that helps.

I noticed a reply from someone above saying that a keybaord setup assistant was coming up when he switched on a A/B USB box. That keyboard assistant for "Identifying my keyboard" comes up everytime log out or do a fast user switch to the login window. I have a Tacile Pro keyboard and it worked on this same system (G5 Tower single 1.8) with no problems under 10.3. Any guesses or is anyone else having this problem?

Fred-Leonard said:
I have a PowerBook G4 1.5 Aluminum.
I have a Microsoft G wireless AP/router MN-700.
Everything worked great before Tiger. (I did a clean install 3 times)
I have AppleCare and I called.
Apple now knows of the problem which they acknowledge, but can't fix.
It will NOT get an IP on wireless, or wired.
I have a work XP laptop that works fine.
I had to hard code my IP settings.

I had this problem... But I didn't resort to hard-coding my configuration. All I did was use the network diagnostics program. I attributed the issue to the addition of the firewire networking port addition in 10.4.

not sure if this one has been mentioned, couldn't be bothered to read the other 6 pages.

If you activate the speech command, then look at the list of speakable commands you can see there's one called 'Close this window' however the command only runs if you say 'Close these window'! and it's not just my non-american accent, the text that appears on screen to confirm the command reads 'Close these window'.

and that's the end of these bug report, I mean this.

I think I found a bug that could prove to be serious enough that it would warrant all companies running Mac/Windows networks to hold off on Tiger.

If you have a Win2k server with shared drives and Mac OS X Tiger clients who need to mount those shares via SMB you may fine that the shares mount fine but dissapear after 10-15 minutes and you have to remount them. Sometimes in the middle of accessing data from them they unmount (sometimes all of them at once, sometimes only one or two shares at a time). This did not happen in Panther and it's happening constantly on my machine now that I have Tiger installed.

Btw, I'm running a dual 2ghz G5 so it's a brand new machine. This same machine was running Panther a few days ago with no issues. Very strange but potentially very serious.

If you have more than 3 volumes connected to the mac, the OSX Tiger installer will only show the first 3. The scroll bar is missing in the volume selection section.

Using GET INFO to set permissions is still tweaky. Especially if you use groups that have names that are longer than 8 chars.

Roxio Popcorn crashes when I drag a video_ts folder into it--it didn't happen with panther. Anyone have any suggestions?

Trash everything named "popcorn" including prefs.

Repair Permissions.

Restart.

Reinstall.

Restart.

I had the same problem with Photoshop CS, it would not print, I did the above and everything is fine now. Most of the "app." problems on this thread can be solved by doing this sort of thing

And another thing, Im experincing a bug...

The windows, every once and a while will appear above the toolbar. I thought this was impossable?

Do you mean _Finder_ windows open behind the menubar? Or just any windows? Or Photoshop's toolbar? (You were talking about PS CS in the above post, so I'm not sure...)

Firewall is Blocking FTP Access

There does seem to be a problem with the PASV setting.
In Sharing->Firewall click on Advanced and select Enable Firewall Logging. Then when you try to connect FTP with the firewall on, you will be able to see the reason(s) in the log.
Here is what I have been seeing (using Airport connection):
May 10 02:52:21 Kori-pbG4 ipfw: 12190 Deny TCP 10.234.567.213:20 192.168.2.80:59485 in via en1
May 10 02:52:24 Kori-pbG4 ipfw: 12190 Deny TCP 10.234.567.213:20 192.168.2.80:59485 in via en1
May 10 02:52:27 Kori-pbG4 ipfw: 12190 Deny TCP 10.234.567.213:20 192.168.2.80:59485 in via en1
May 10 02:53:16 Kori-pbG4 ipfw: 12190 Deny TCP 123.456.789.15:20 192.168.2.80:11339 in via en1

The initial connection is made okay, but FETCH cannot get a file listing. I get the same errors if PASV is checked or not checked. RBrowser has the same problem (ie, it's not a client problem). The ipfw firewall is not set up to allow traffic after connection.

I have found that startup services have changed, and postfix, vnc, ftp, etc services may have to be started manually after a restart.
Doing an archive and install removes all Xinetd services.
If you do an upgrade, it leaves them there.

10.4 has changed to a different method of launching daemons -

Check http://arstechnica.com/reviews/os/macosx-10.4.ars/5
and
http://developer.apple.com/documentation/MacOSX/Conceptual/BPSystemStartup/index.html

Also see the discussion at
http://forums.macosxhints.com/showthread.php?t=38757&highlight=ftp

I have also experienced the annoying "Keyboard Setup Assistant" dialog. I don't use a KVM switch, but it seems to appear every time I start up and every time I switch user accounts. I have a Mac mini and use an Apple keyboard and a Logitech cordless mouse. Disconnecting the mouse stopped the dialog from popping up, which is kind of interesting. I have yet to try a wired mouse to see if the problem remains.

I haven't noticed this problem with my PowerBook G4 with a wired USB Kensington mouse.

Hi!
I've updated my system - but unfortunately I didn't find a way to get any internet radio running!

Can anybody help?

Oblomov

Just an FYI that I may have found a pretty dangerous bug.

We upgraded most of our machines to Tiger except for our file server, which we left on 10.3.x

When using Sync Pro X 4.0 the initial sync would go fine. Then when I immediately verify the sync, it shows ALL the files FROM the file server as having a time stamp based on the time of the sync. This means that all the files want to come BACK (because they are now newer than the originals, which is actually not correct). This is very dangerous, not to mention, it screws up the real time stamp of the modification date.

I have since upgraded the file server to Tiger and it appears to have fixed the problem.

You can blame Apple or Qdea, your choice, but either way it's a new problem due to Tiger.

Bug I've found in Tiger Mail: In older versions of mail, I could compose a letter with hyperlinks, then test the hyperlinks before sending by saving as draft and looking at the message in the drafts folder. Now, hyperlinks don't show up "live" until I actually send the message, and it appears in my sent mailbox.

Anyone know a workaround?

When you compose a message in mail, you do so in an new message editing window. This message also appears in the draf folder of the mail viewer window. Perhaps if you select the message from the draft box you can see the "live" links.

Bug with SmartFolders when used by other applications.

Let me explain:
In some applications when you File>Open you can select a folder and the application will open all files located in that folder.

Tiger SmartFolders cannot be used in this manner. This is a little annoying to me as I use SmartFolders to collect files of same kind.

Back