Tiger bug list. hopefully could be helpful

artov said:
This is not actually a bug, but annoing feature 10.4 introduced: I have a 2-1 USB switch,
that I use to use my keyboard either with PC or Powerbook. When I press the swith
button to use the keyboard on the PC, Tiger shows "Keyboard Setup Assistant" dialog,
since for some reason it knows that there is a keyboard, but it does not know what
(since the keyboard is connected to the PC).

If I close the dialog, it does not show again, but there was no dialog on Panther.
I have a Belkin USB Keyboard switch and use a wireless Logitech Keyboard and mouse. Never had problems with Panther or my XP machine but with Tiger I get a error on every boot saying the keyboard can't be recognized. I manually set it but it does it every boot.

The DHCP is a major issue. I have a Proxin Wireless Gateway, it works fine on 3 Ibooks on Tiger and a desktop running Panther on B but my 15" PB 1.33 with Extreme can't get DHCP on wire or wireless under Tiger. It worked fine on Panther. I have totally reloaded to no avail. It will get DHCP from an Airport Snow though. There is something unique about the DHCP setup under Tiger. I worry that I travel alot and DHCP is important to me, I saw an earlier post where Apple acknowledged this issue but had no fix. It appears to be certtain chip sets of DHCP, anyone have details?

thx

There is something unique about the DHCP setup under Tiger. I worry that I travel alot and DHCP is important to me, I saw an earlier post where Apple acknowledged this issue but had no fix. It appears to be certtain chip sets of DHCP, anyone have details?

I thought the issue was resolved in 10.4.1? It was caused by long computer names, so check System Preferences -> Sharing and make sure you name reasonably short (less than 16 I think).

Dashboard updates data only when it's open. You can say it's not a bug but a feature (to save CPU time etc.), but it really causes problems. If you don't open Dashboard for a while (say few hours) and then open it just for a second you'll see old weather data. The new weather information just won't have enough time to load. You'll see the update only in a few hours when you open Dashboard again… when this new data is outdated too :)

Konfabulator lets its widgets update themselves all the time and thus has no such problem.

Is there any way to make Dashboard widgets auto-update (update themselves) while Dashboard is running (after first use after startup) but between activations? I hate this same problem you are talking about. Delays the TIME update too. It's maddening and makes Dashboard more of a pain than useful.

Back