Apple sightings on TV and movies?

I saw a History Channel (US Cable TV) and they had a "Modern Marvels" focus on digital technology. They had Apple computer all through the program. They actually gave Apple credit for the first "User Friendly personal computer", the first digital camera (with Kodak), the first PDA Newton (and man did they dig current PDAs saying "only today ..." are PDAs catching up (was recorded in 2002) to the Newton "which was ahead of it's time". Also, they gave Final Cut Pro loads of credit(about 3 minutes worth) saying ordinary people can now edit like the pros. Lastly, they were going over the history of digital CDs and talking about music. Then came the bit about MPEG music and Napster. They showed the first MP3 player then came back to the future with the iPod! They actually gave heaps of credit to the iPod and said how it is changing the way people are listening to music.

The program had so many Apple first in it it look like a hour long Apple history (with a small pre-Apple Computer firsts). It was great.

Did I see correctly ? the last movement before the athlets come in was directed by guys wearing the nice white hear plugs... !

Aye that’s right man, while directing the most important sports event in the world they were all listening to their iPods.
Nice One.

I thought they were ipod earplugs to at first but the BBC cameras zoomed right in along a line of them and they definatly werent looked much cheaped the stick that connects to the wire was also square (ish)!

The Chappelle Show episode....21.... i think. It's the skit "When Keeping It Real Goes Wrong" and Chappelle is sitting in an office with a aluminum powerbook open in front of him. looks like a 17 incher (although it does have a sticker conveniently located over the apple symbol on the lid of the laptop).

I saw Garden State over the weekend, Largeman's Dad has a Apple Cinema Display 23" inch and a G4 Cube in his office.

I now see Apple is marketing on Fox News. When a launch of a video clip there is an ad for the iLife 04 and Mac OS X. I am also seeing more Apple adds (iTunes and such) on the the US cable networks of A&E, Discovery channel, TLC channel, History channel and the SciFi channel.

I hope Apple keeps it up because since iLife 04 I am hearing a lot of talk from Windows only users. I believe the pushing of iLife can really help in the sales of Macs.

The other night on the show Mythbusters the guys were talking to a professor of marine biology at Berkley I think,anyway in the lab you could see a slew of different macs.

Was Daddy Daycare mentioned??? I saw it yesterday (hit right at home since I have 2 kids) and Eddie Murphy's character had a PowerBook G4. Looked like the TiBook version.

Not sure if this is mentioned but in the MTV cartoon Undergrads, Nitz has a G3 iMac and Gimpy has a load of macs in his dorm, he even states well i've been using that Apple IIe as a nightstand. I just recently noticed that when i got the first (and only thanks to the idiots at MTV) season of it on DVD.

The shows producers of the Biker Build Offs has an iBook he used to show each of the competitors what the other was doing.This was on our Discovery channel last night.

on UPN - America's next top model.
Coolest thing - they showed Tyra Banks on an new Powerbook looking at some photos from the days shoot - the camera showed the screen, and she moused over to the top corner - "bam" expose's power was exposed to millions of people - she did the "show all application windows" and all the pics were onscreen... cool stuff... Gotta love that the creative people all use apples...

on Will & Grace, Will and Jack were at a tv studio and they had a brand spankin new iMac on the desk. funny too... that show it taped a month and a half in advance. they had that a while before it was out.

dont know if this was mentioned....... but in one of the new old navy commercials, where the employees are in cubicles, they have the now "old" iMacs. you can even see itunes open in one shot.

Here in the UK we have a show on Saturday nights called "Ant and Dec's Saturday night takeaway". The climax of tonight's show was Robbie William's singing his new single surrounded by 6 NEW 20 inch iMacs showing what i think is his video.

Back