Herve's Bar & Grill

Originally posted by ksuther
Go 9th grade Mac-heads...
9th grade!!!! I can't even remember that far back! :eek:

I think that was the first of 3 times I took French 1... "??? tu parle français?... Mais, non!"

Je suis Americain. Je suis Americain. Je suis Americain. Oui, oui, oui, je suis Americain. Je ne parle pas Francais.... je ne parle pas Francais.....

--my French class from last year...

Originally posted by Bluefusion
Yeah, it was the same machine as the PowerMac 6500, from what I remember... I dunno, look it up in MacTracker.
...could not find Mactracker, but I did find this.

I must have been off doing something important because I still don't remember these machines...

Maybe the were only sold in schools. I seem to remember that was how Apple targeted Performas for a while.

I think they targeted the 8500's to non-education markets.

Originally posted by Bluefusion
Je suis Americain. Je suis Americain. Je suis Americain. Oui, oui, oui, je suis Americain. Je ne parle pas Francais.... je ne parle pas Francais.....

--my French class from last year...
Je ne parle pas français parce que je prévois que vous à toute parlez anglais. (Temerciez Dieu de Google!)

MacTracker is available on VersionTracker and it is an ESSENTIAL piece of software. In addition to the amazing variety of specs listed, it also includes Startup Sounds and information about Apple's printers, monitors, and other cool hardware (nothing on the iPod, for some reason)... it's great though.

I wonder that myself. i figure that it won't really ever stop unless the admin deletes it or something... since it's really all just rambling anyway, it doesn't
run out of ideas like other, more pertinent threads :)

you know, page counts are only relevant to the individual since everybody can set them to their own tastes. For instance i set mine for 10 views per page which makes this thread 204 pages long right now.

less posts means faster load times and since in every other thread but this one there are rarely more than 2 or 3 new ones i want to read anyway, this makes more sense than waiting for buttons and formatting for any more than that.

obviously, i will see page 1000 much sooner than most people.:D

and about gpa's - they are very important for getting into college. the better your gpa, the better of a college you can choose to go to. and once in college they become even more important if you plan to go on to grad school. If you aren't planning to continue your education after your bachelors, then they don't really mean much after that. Employers do not normally check your gpa. also the scales that you guys are using are american. some other countries use different ones.

My GPA in high school was terrible. But I was able to get into community college without any problems (their only requirements are that you can pay and are breathing. :) I think they'd be flexible on the breathing bit if you could still pay :D ). The classes in community college were identical in course material to the 4-year university, the tuition was about half of the university's, and the classes were about 30 people instead of 500. I'd recommend looking into community college for anyone looking for education past high school.

I only have a Bachelor's degree, so my GPA is pretty well ignored. I agree with what Ed said.

And obviously I am using American terminology for my schooling. I know that this post won't make sense to some other people on the other side of the pond. :) But I don't know the correct terminology for the schools I am referring to, or even if there is an equivalent. Sorry.

3 more weeks left till end of classessss!!!!!
YAY!!!! (2 days left to finish my dang HW...booo :p)

In one day there are one average 2.5 new pages on here (by my sorting standards)... I wonder when I go on vacation for a month and I wont have a mac, how many pages will there be ? :p

Yes, I'm sure there would be an uprising of many unhappy people without a B&G for them to regularly visit. The effects on the MacOSX.com community would be disastrous :)

I can see this thread growing at its current rate at least until 10.2 is announced, or indeed released. Once that happens, everyone will be too busy posting cool Easter eggs they've found or troubleshooting other people's install issues.

I think the forums generally are different at times like this when there's not a lot of activity on the OS front. Someone further back commented on the number of 'useless' polls and threads that have been springing up of late, and I think that these are a direct result of the fact that there's not a great deal to post about otherwise, but people still want to come here and post...

i figure that it won't really ever stop unless the admin deletes it or something... since it's really all just rambling anyway

They couldn't delete Herve's Bar and Grill, it's a historic landmark.

i wonder how long this thread will continue... years p'haps

as long as there's a macosx.com there will be a herve's bar and grill. Since this thread is really just a collection of random ideas and conversations it can never die because new ideas keep getting added on

Back