Herve's Bar & Grill

Originally posted by nkuvu
:confused:

"who else was with bungie since pathways?"

Allow me to be eloquent: Huh?

lol... i don't even know anymore! just ignore me i think. i was excited by the bungie avatar, and i think i was trying to rally support by gathering those who were bungie fans since pathways into darkness. but i'm not so sure now that i look back at it.

:rolleyes:

Ed, to answer your unasked question about Deep Blue -- Deep Blue was the computer which won the chess games against the grand master player of the time. A pretty large step in the world of AI (one of my main interests). I don't remember the human's name right now... And honestly I am not 100% positive that the computer was Deep Blue. I keep thinking Deep Thought, but I know that's the computer from hitch Hiker's Guide to the Galaxy... :)

Of course, if I were the standard for chess players, GNU chess would be deemed artificially intelligent -- I get stomped on by that program... :p

For some reason I keep thinking that everyone here is a computer person by trade -- so I am often surprised when people don't know a lot about the things I think are common knowledge. Not that I am trying to say that I am smarter than anyone -- I've just been around computers and professors who love to teach computer history too much.

i just checked encarta.com cuz i was too lazy to dig up my enyclopedia. Kasparov it was! apparently he won the match, with three wins, two draws, and 1 loss, which made deep blue the first computer to ever beat a person in chess or something. i lose to the computer all the time :rolleyes:

:p lol

well, i for one was laughing pretty hard all the way thru the Tismey/nkuvu exchange. i found it quite euphoric, to borrow a description from the blue mon.

but i know why it struck me as a little funnier than it probably should have been. I spent much of the day helping my GF clean the garage. I hate cleaning and i hate being told to get rid of my stuff. or even things that are hers that i like or want. I had a small breakdown when she made me get rid of the box her imac came in. :( We never fight about much, but we had a real yelling match about how to put things back in after we had pulled stuff out and thrown a lot of it away. So i was still feeling a bit of pent up energy when i got here and read the amusing bantor. I feel better now.

also humerous, on a more subtle level, was that our neighbor across the street who is moving back east, kept bringing stuff over and giving it to us as she also was cleaning her garage and yard. We probably got as much stuff as we threw away but the stuff we got stays outside so my GF was cool with it. :D of course i kept taking over empty boxes to her so she can use them to pack for her move. It was kinda neat how cooperative it all was.

as for letting AI take charge of posting replies, i would probably be against that. I doubt it would really be able to do any more than the search engine and some people don't seem to want to take the time to use that. besides, even if i was posting stock solutions, i would still personalize them with empathetic comments or snappy sarcasm or maybe a question of the poster. They would not just be answers still.

oh, and would somebody tell klink to get off the floor now. the bottles have stopped flying.:p

:rolleyes:

maybe nkuvu should be a barback. that way your ass is covered when it gets busy.:D

but then again, clothing is optional in Herve's. so maybe it doesn't matter if your ass is covered or not:p

quiz for the day - what do pagans call being naked, especially when performing rituals?

not a joke. there is a real term for it. i once took someone to a festival who didn't realize what this term meant and she was a bit shocked when we pulled into the main grounds and a naked man was stnding in the middle of the road:eek: :p

Then I think you gotta take a look at googolplex, he's a post-whore...oh wait, so are you, and AK and, and...I'm surrounded by post-whores

Ed, I'm installing a staircase in the middle or the room, with a large balcony that runs round the top of the room for all our whores to stand on. Then we just need a Madam in a feather boa to stand on the stairs and talk in an excruciating southern-states accent. This has the advantage that we can throw the bad guys off the balcony onto the card tables below, inadvertently sparking a well-choreographed brawl.

So, position of Madam is currently interviewing....

Being that I'm apparently the Position Whore, do I get any say in who gets the position? hehe

It appears to me that Hervé's has reached a new low. :p

Back