Herve's Bar & Grill

Hehehe, Ed. Does that really freak you? I guess you haven't been noticing I've dropped it a few times somewhere else. I'm not quite as uptight about it as I use to be a year ago. Just being more true to myself (sound familiar? ;) ).

Picture? Ha! Don't push it. Need me a camera first. Presentation is still important. :D

mysti, never felt slighted to have to forgive you. Think nothing of it, really. I've been chatting with someone on a tech problem and bulling about. Not avoiding you. You're my buddy, come on.

Heh, Ken. I like klike too.

Hey Ed, I Have pictures of Michael :cool: He's a babe, too.

Now about this Xmas music...I've got a good mix...Stevie singing "Silent Night" , The Boss, *cough* Sting, a beautiful Garth Brooks song, Jewel, my two personal favorites, Mariah Carey and Celine Dion (where are those puke smileys???), Hootie and the BF. J Lennon, Collin Raye, etc etc AND all the regular oldies. Will that suit you?

For the Klinkmaster, if he finds me one, I'd even add a Sammy Davis Jr Christmas Song.

Now That's a pal!;)

You're a peach, girl. :) *and blushes*

My pictures? Jumpin yimmities!
I smell blackmail in the air. *laughs like an idiot*

You sure would be a pal if you let me play Candy Man. It really doesn't hurt, promise.

OOOOOhhhhhhh Michael....that is REALLY pushing this friendship...besides, it's not a CHRISTMAS song.

Go find a SDJ Christmas song and hurry up with the Candy Man while I'm in such a peach mood and I might let you play it while I have to go pee or something. :) did someone say 'lady?

klink - we'll have a candy man sing along for new year's eve. how's that? :D

and no, now that you're not "in the industry", it doesn't surprise me that much. not to worry, i won't try blackmail like mysti :p (on the otherhand, i do have this pic of lou reed i might like to share :D )

:rolleyes:

Did I say a word about blackmail???
I just said that I have pictures and he's much better looking than Sammy Davis Jr. :p

So Ed...my capacity for mindless chatter is getting old talking to myself...I sent out some PMs on your recomendation which has brought Hazmat around and a response from the Aussie, but he hasn't been by. How do I go out and drum up some business. And where's that crazy friend of yours that makes no sense? Ring him up and tell him to come have a drink on me, celebrating my big news. I have this bar spotless, now I need some customers.

I COULD dance on the bar, but being newly engaged...I think that might not be the best option. :D

I'll get a surprise 'in-action' shot of Mike when we go out for beer(s). :D

I have a fun Christmas list. Just got expanded after the Yo La Tengo show on Sat. They are doing the 8 nights of Hanukkah and we got "Merry Christmas from Yo La Tengo" CDs free at the show. Weird. But it's good. So Christmas song that come to mind, and one of which should be in any jukebox:

Fairytale Of New York - The Pogues (with Kirsty Maccoll - RIP)
White Christmas - Stiff Little Fingers
Rock N Roll Santa - Yo La Tengo
Merry Christmas (I Don't Want To Fight) - The Ramones
Father Christmas - The Kinks

That's all that comes to mind at the moment. Oh, and the song that should be in the jukebox of any self-respecting bar is The Pogues.

-Ken

Originally posted by mystique

So Ed...my capacity for mindless chatter is getting old talking to myself...I sent out some PMs on your recomendation which has brought Hazmat around and a response from the Aussie, but he hasn't been by. How do I go out and drum up some business. And where's that crazy friend of yours that makes no sense? Ring him up and tell him to come have a drink on me, celebrating my big news. I have this bar spotless, now I need some customers.

Spotless bar? Sacrilege!

Originally posted by Ed Spruiell
klink - we'll have a candy man sing along for new year's eve. how's that?

Um, Edboss....I just remembered...I'm going to have my spleen removed that day so I'm going to have to ask for that day/night off and miss it. Damn! Shame too, but..hey...it's been scheduled for months. I'm sure you understand.

I bet Klink would even fill in for me as long as you let him join the er...choke, gag sing-along. :rolleyes:

Oh, Candy Man on New Year's eve! Ha haaa! Excellent!
You understand I do duets with Dino, yes? And we take 50% of the door and 25% of the bar, eh? *chuckles the clown*

I was waiting for you to bring that guy in to the picture (pun intended, damn it).

Originally posted by mystique
Um, Edboss....I just remembered...I'm going to have my spleen removed that day so I'm going to have to ask for that day/night off and miss it. Damn! Shame too, but..hey...it's been scheduled for months. I'm sure you understand.

Only if you keep it in a jar at the end of the bar and have a contest for who can guess its weight.

Hey! Awesome idea, Hazmat!

I like this guy! He's got a sick mind like the rest of us!:)

Okay,,,,you guys can do your "Rat Pack" routine but then I'm doing my Madonna routine. Take it or leave it.

Hazmat: Bring those tunes down here immediately so we can add them to the jukebox ...sounds like just the ticket to round out the music selection. Oh and...Please? :)

Klink: You were just waiting for me to bring WHAT guy into the picture? You lost me on that one, wanna clarify for me pretty please?
Remember...I have pictures

*CACKLE*

I have converted my old(dead) iMac DV into a Pot Plant>>>>Looks cool<<<<I fish tank will be my next project.:D

Hello Langley

I've heard of the old Mac fish tank but not a pot planter. Always thought the fish tank sounded like it would be cool but never tried it. Let us know how it turns out.

Why do wives, girlfriends and mums hate computer equipment around the house? My room looks like the drivers seat to the 'Death Star'. Its taken me years to get this far with stuff.:D

Originally posted by Langley
Why do wives, girlfriends and mums hate computer equipment around the house? My room looks like the drivers seat to the 'Death Star'. Its taken me years to get this far with stuff.:D

HmmmI wouldn't be the one to ask that since it doesn't apply to me. I have every Mac weve ever owned sans one around here and never throw anything away, not even worn=out keyboards ("I might need a PIECE off that some day") so I'm the biggest computer/computer part pack-rat around these parts and it bothers me not at all.

I'm sure there are some women who could help you with that question, but a Mac Forum might not be the place to find them :D

langley - definitly talk to racerx about the computer room syndrome. he somehow convinced (connived ? ) his wife to turn the living room into a replica of nasa control. something about not needing to eat or some such :p

Back