Herve's Bar & Grill

Originally posted by Ed Spruiell
langley - definitly talk to racerx about the computer room syndrome. he somehow convinced (connived ? ) his wife to turn the living room into a replica of nasa control. something about not needing to eat or some such :p

My friend convinced his girlfriend to let him keep his Buell motorcycle in the living room last winter.

Now if I could just convince my roommate to let me keep my race car in the living room.... :cool:

I'm too frickin' picky....I can't even tolerate the Nordic Track in the Living Room.

Race Car, eh? What do you race (cars are not an acceptable answer)? I have a bro -in-law that races and a friend in Austin Tx that races but it's different kinds of racing, neither of which I know a lot about but I find it interesting.

That is, if you are up to giving me the Readers Digest Condensed Version.

One thing I note about this forum: People don't hang out in one place and post as fast as they do "over there" I can't get used to it.

Anyway, I've got to go feed my child. If you are in the middle of typing to me, Hazmatter, I'll catch up with it after supper.

You know where the booze is, jars on the bar and the Nimbus 2000 is locked away for violaters and theives. :mad:

I shall return shortly.

-M.

mysti asked:
You were just waiting for me to bring WHAT guy into the picture? You lost me on that one, wanna clarify for me pretty please?
Remember...I have pictures

Sorry, that was aimed at Ed. Some dude in a photo I gave him. I think you both have the same set. *snarfs*

Yes, race story, if it's cool, Ken. I had a little taste of it on your site, but it doesn't say much.

no, mysti, this site is not as chatty as the other. of course you also don't have your sweetie here so that takes out about 90% of your replies at herve's II. the whole idea of this thread is that some of us just don't have the inclination to ichat, but would still enjoy conversing. so converstions just sort of drag on for days sometimes. you'll adjust. it's all in the expectations. :)

Originally posted by Ed Spruiell
no, mysti, this site is not as chatty as the other. of course you also don't have your sweetie here so that takes out about 90% of your replies at herve's II.

WHAT is all this cr!p I'm getting about b3s and I monopolizing Herves II? Is it TRULY getting on people's nerves because we can take it elsewhere but when we were gone for a week, everyone complained it was TOO QUIET

I don't want to become annoying, seriously so I would appreciate your honesty on this matter. Obviously under our current circumstances we are a bit hyper but we can certainly go to email/AIM.

Damnit Edboss, either you are going to have to spring for some heat in this joint or I'm coming to work in a snowsuit.

It's WINTER out side and I am freezing my arse off in these skimpy bartendering wardrobe. :p

I abhor winter, so where am I living? In the middle of the bloody Blue Mts. Snow city, baby. How smart is that? I'll be out of here soon, thank goodness. I' just do NOT do this snow and frozen fog stuff.

NYC would be absolute paradise if it were in a warmer climate. Cold and windy in the winter, and hot and humid in the summer. Ahhhh, gotta live it. :D

You LIKE the cold and wind in the winter? I was just in Milwaukee in October and that wind is freakin' FIERCE!!!! and COLD!!!! I really really want to go to NY at Christmas time and ride the the horse-drawn sleigh in the snow. I can see you rolling your eyes and saying how touristy-Tom Hanks-cornball can you get, but I'd LOVE it. I know you can do it in other major cities too, but NY is the TRUE original sleigh-ride.

Have you always lived there?

Originally posted by mystique
You LIKE the cold and wind in the winter? I was just in Milwaukee in October and that wind is freakin' FIERCE!!!! and COLD!!!! I really really want to go to NY at Christmas time and ride the the horse-drawn sleigh in the snow. I can see you rolling your eyes and saying how touristy-Tom Hanks-cornball can you get, but I'd LOVE it. I know you can do it in other major cities too, but NY is the TRUE original sleigh-ride.

Have you always lived there?

No, I hate the cold and wind, but it's a reasonable trade-off. Never did a carriage ride in Central Park, but I guess it would be nice. In general, I'm not into touristy things. But to each his own. :)

No, I haven't always lived here. I grew up in the 'burbs, lived in Salem, MA, for five years, and in Sao Paulo, Brazil, for about a year and a half.

I'm generally not into "touristy" things either, in fact I go out of my way to AVOID them (thus the sarcasm) but that's ONE thing I would like to do.

You just know Michael Klink from the forum or do you two know one another IRL?

Ahhh....that should be a blast; I envy you.
(don't read this Michael)
He's a great guy and has been a very good friend to me when I needed one
the most. I'm sure the two of you will have a GREAT time with your "real beer"

Say, I've been meaning to ask you...are you on a Hazmat team or dept? For being such a small area/dept our city has a GREAT Hazmat truck and team. They are often called out of our district because they are exceptional. I guess I need to go bck and read again wht you told me about yourself and your training.

hey mysti, like i told your beau, don't pay any attention to me. i can just be a smart@ss sometimes (figured i better say that cause you didn't know :D ). hving fun and sharing our lives is what herves are all about. you guys just do what comes natural. (of course, once you guys are together and doing what comes natural, we'll hardly see either of you i'm sure :p )

i was just whining because i've been too busy to keep up recently. wonder why that is? ;) and happy that you and all the se other folks have been around here, moving more my speed :p

besides hazmet and i have been busy checking out tattoos across town:D

I'm not sure what I just did here, but ignore this or have one of the mods delete it please.

grruummble

Been to the hospital to have my bolts tightened...I hate that freakin' place.

Since we can say anything we want I just wanted to add to the comments about the cold - after locking my keys in my car twice in a week, I don't like the cold.............we need to skip over winter and move right into summer right now!

Back