Herve's Bar & Grill

Originally posted by Klink
OK tismey spill the beans. Are you in the music biz?

Kind of, ish, in the most tenuous way possible. I work for the department of a Market Research company that compiles the UK music and video Charts.

So, last night I got kisses off Samatham Mumba, Sophie Eliis-Bextor and Claire from Steps, and saw various other celebs... but no kylie unfortunately. She looked cracking as well.... :( And I really need a coffee...

Hey timsey where do u live ??
I am coming your way :p lol --
Any chance I get to see kylie hehehe ;-)

Any idea whatever happened to alice deejay ?
Judy was the best ;-)

so how is everyone today ??? 1 day to the weekend :D 2 more classes total :) .... aaahhh.... I cant wait ;-)

Hey timsey do you know where I can get music videos ? :p --- No place online has the ones that I am looking for ;-)

I like what they show on MTV europe and VIVA.

Admiral

You know VIVA??? Cool!
Listening to a great song!:) Galleon ----- so I begin!

Wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee can fiiiind
sooooooooooooooooo IIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII begin!

I love it! Did you see that cute pussy-cat in the Video???:confused: :p :) ;)
She's beautiful! (Dont wanna let that hear my spanish pussy:p )
Heh..... I didnt pass one hour in class this week!:p But I'm lying in bed with headace! :-(

Wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee can fiiiind
soooooooooooo IIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII begin!

Gotta get that Video!

Well, I'm kinda tired. As every wednesday night, I was in Heidelberg, in the Schwimmbad Club, a great music club. Every wednesday they have "independant night".

Metal, Cross Over, Punk on one floor, EBM, Gothic, Wave, Dark Techno, Industrial on the other. I usually hang around in the Gothic and Wave Club (Depeche Mode, Rammstein, Sisters of Mercy, Einstürzende Neubauten, Deine Lakeien, Nine Inch Nails, In Extreme - that's my music) and as always, I spent the night with my new GF there until 3 o' clock, so I get into bed at around 4 o' clock.

I had to get up early today since I had to visit an old teacher of mine in school to bring him a book he gave me some time ago, and after that, I decided to take my day off!

I'll have enough work to do on the weekend, so today is lazy day for me!

Finally finishing American McGee's Alice, watching some Futurama/Simpons and maybe The Crow later on, working on the website for my GF, drinking lots of beer, beeing a couch potato all round....maybe working on some of my Anime and Aliens Model Kits later on....

And of course hanging around in Herve's ;)

Originally posted by ulrik
Well, I'm kinda tired. As every wednesday night, I was in Heidelberg, in the Schwimmbad Club, a great music club. Every wednesday they have "independant night".

Metal, Cross Over, Punk on one floor, EBM, Gothic, Wave, Dark Techno, Industrial on the other. I usually hang around in the Gothic and Wave Club (Depeche Mode, Rammstein, Sisters of Mercy, Einstürzende Neubauten, Deine Lakeien, Nine Inch Nails, In Extreme - that's my music) and as always, I spent the night with my new GF there until 3 o' clock, so I get into bed at around 4 o' clock.

I had to get up early today since I had to visit an old teacher of mine in school to bring him a book he gave me some time ago, and after that, I decided to take my day off!

I'll have enough work to do on the weekend, so today is lazy day for me!

Finally finishing American McGee's Alice, watching some Futurama/Simpons and maybe The Crow later on, working on the website for my GF, drinking lots of beer, beeing a couch potato all round....maybe working on some of my Anime and Aliens Model Kits later on....

And of course hanging around in Herve's ;)

Betet ihr gothic-typen eigentlich auch Satan an???:confused: :confused:

Originally posted by ulrik
Metal, Cross Over, Punk on one floor, EBM, Gothic, Wave, Dark Techno, Industrial on the other. I usually hang around in the Gothic and Wave Club (Depeche Mode, Rammstein, Sisters of Mercy, Einstürzende Neubauten, Deine Lakeien, Nine Inch Nails, In Extreme - that's my music)

VERY cool. My music as well, except I think I'm the only person around here who'll say that. There's a club along those lines around here too, but no one will go with me. Ah well... what can ya do.... actually.... I suppose I can complain about it... I'm becoming better at that every day....

So what other bands are you fond of ulrik?

Originally posted by Alexandert

Betet ihr gothic-typen eigentlich auch Satan an???:confused: :confused:

OK, kannst du mir erklären was Gothic mit Satan zu tun hat? Nein? Gut, dann erkundige dich doch bitte erstmal, bevor du sowas schreibst! Danke!

Originally posted by unlearnthetruth

VERY cool. My music as well, except I think I'm the only person around here who'll say that. There's a club along those lines around here too, but no one will go with me. Ah well... what can ya do.... actually.... I suppose I can complain about it... I'm becoming better at that every day....

So what other bands are you fond of ulrik?

69 eyes, Nightwish, Ooomph!, Nick Cave and the Bad Seeds, The Cure (the old stuff)...that's my Genre!

Originally posted by AdmiralAK
Hey timsey where do u live ??
I am coming your way :p lol --
Any chance I get to see kylie hehehe ;-)
Any idea whatever happened to alice deejay ?
Judy was the best ;-)
Hey timsey do you know where I can get music videos ? :p --- No place online has the ones that I am looking for ;-)

Admiral - It's tISMey. T-I- S-M -E-Y!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Apparently I was standing next to Dannii Minogue's table last night, and I didn't see her!! Gutted!!

I live in Leamington, in the UK, which is kind of near Birmingham.

ok tiSMey ;-)
(I always pronounced it tiMSey for some reason :p)

Birmingham eh ??? have no idea where it is but I will ask my london and raeading friend where it is :p seems like you;ve got the connections there :p

Kylie here I come ;-)

--- btw what IS gothic music ??? can anyone point me to their favorite artist/track so that I can sample some of this ??? I know many people who listen to this but I;ve never even heard a peep of such music :p -----

Alex I know VIVA cause I have music videos with the VIVA logo on them :p --- I wish I could find more music vidz .. .whgere to get theeeemmm though ?! :p

hmmmm...

Alex record music videos on VHS and send the tapes to ulrik, then ulrik can use his supercool mac to make them into MPG files and burn lots and lots of em on a DVD....

man I AM a mastermind :eek:
:p

Admiral

Originally posted by AdmiralAK
btw what IS gothic music ??? can anyone point me to their favorite artist/track so that I can sample some of this ??? I know many people who listen to this but I;ve never even heard a peep of such music :p -----

Actually, Gothic is not a Music genre but more a way of living your live.

The music you will most likey hear in Gothic clubs is wave and dark wave (The Cure for example...at least the "early" Cure, Einstürzende Neubauten, Deine Lakeien, Nick Cave and the bad seeds (some tracks)), industrial (Rammstein, Nine Inch Nails, late Prodigy stuff), electronic beat music/dark techno (Witt/Heppner, Sisters of Mercy), gothic metal (in extremo), punk (The bates) and other stuff which is hard to fit into one genre, like for example the early tracks of HIM.

Nah, it's a music genre. My boyfriend loves the music, but he doesn't try to pose for it. Admiral, the bands Ulrik listed are all good goth examples, if you want also try to listen to Nosferatu, Dead Can Dance, Alien Sex Fiend, Tones on Tail, The Cranes, Pop Will Eat Itself, Bauhaus. That should keep LimeWire busy for a while ;)

Originally posted by Jadey
Nah, it's a music genre. My boyfriend loves the music, but he doesn't try to pose for it. Admiral, the bands Ulrik listed are all good goth examples, if you want also try to listen to Nosferatu, Dead Can Dance, Alien Sex Fiend, Tones on Tail, The Cranes, Pop Will Eat Itself, Bauhaus. That should keep LimeWire busy for a while ;)

Sorry, but I have to disagree with every cell in my body! Gothic is not a music genre! The mentioned genre are part of what most people tend to call "Gothic". But what you refer as Gothic is much more than a genre.
You can say that these bands and this kind of music is prefered in the Gothic scene, but don't refer to Gothic as just a music genre.

i agree with ulrik.... sure, some music can be referred to as "goth," but goth is hardly simply a music genre.

A (very) small sample of my personal recommendations for industrial artists:

:wumpscut:
vnv nation
apoptygma berzerk
covenant
kmfdm

;)

if anyone is in the Philly or New York areas when I am, let me know! We can go goth clubbing or catch the next drac ball.... hehe..... woohoo!

lol :p
In that case all I need to do to listen to gothic is search my CDs and find all these bands ;-)

I like rammstein, KFMDM and prodigy :p -- not all their songs but some :) ..

so ulrik do u dress up, or live like it ? The people I know in the UK live like it, the piercieings, the clothes, the hair do :p Its like something out of the 80s, reminds me of punk.

Admiral

i do i do! lol..... well, dress like it, live like it, and i used to have crimson-red highlighted hair. no piercings for me tho..... this all flies really well at my catholic, abercrombie and fitch-cetric university..... oh well..... we're people too dammit....

i just realized i wasn't asked, but i answered anyway... oh well, it's something to do instead of studying... ;) ;)

tismey - Hey mate. Sounds like you had a ball at the awards with the kisses and all. No wonder you're feeling a bit knackered. Let ME pour you a big mug coffee for once.
I'll have to be honest with you. I have to consciously remember it's tismey and not timsey. I tend to associate the name with an outlandish character form the TV series South Park. Don't be offended.:)

I'll have to agree with all of you; ulrik, unlearnthetruth, and Jadey. There is a strong subculture that broods around goth but this can be said with most genres of music. There will always be a tendency to label or group music for identity purposes and people need that. Some people are more "in to" the genre than others, but I think it would be correct to say it is a genre and correct to say it's more than that as well.
Could we all agree on that at least?:)

alright, i'll agree to that ;)

i think i'll make myself some coffee, i have a 20 minute walk to class ahead of me, and i'd like to not fall asleep during it... (the walk or the class)

What about all these people who are copyrightprotected? Even a garbageman can think he is a popstar when he keeps paying for everything he makes. It is based on quantity not quality.

Back