Herve's Bar & Grill

Originally posted by Androo
ME!?!?!??!
what about you, your website is "currently offline". Is that not a problem? it is. You have problems, with everyone else in world yes?
I come here when i am angry, and i say crazy things... it somehow cheers me up.

lol
daaaymn, arden, you just got shut down but the Caffine Kid.
hab_sig2.gif

and yes. yes I did just change my avatar again. I didn't look around but I hope nobody else has this thing as their avatar, that would be embarassing.

Habilis, I've just been reading a fair amount about the emigrant experience in America and a couple of interesting points came up.

1. The "heartland" is where the majority of German immigrants settled.

2. Some of the most liberal areas, ie Minnesota, Wisconsin, Washington state and Oregon were settled by Scandinavians.

It's not apropos of anything other than the fact that I saw your location and it reminded me of that info. It's interesting how our roots have influenced our politics and social policies.

well i made my avatar but i really can't photoshop...
i couldn't figure out how to cut just the safari out from the white background layer, so i just left the white and it's hard to see but it's still there. and the text in the bottom is small, but i like it like that ;^) too bad you can't tell what it says! anyone have some good criticism?

Androo: I meant psychological problems. The fact that my site is down means I have a problem with the provider, in that they basically deleted it and I haven't taken the time to make a new site.

mr. K: Change the icon to Index Color mode, and select 256 colors adaptive. Then go back to Image > Adjust and select Color Table. Choose the eyedropper and make white transparent. If by doing this, you take out some of the pixels within the compass, then forget this step. Select the magic wand, make sure it is set to contiguous but not anti-aliased and 0 tolerance, and select the background (make sure it is on a different layer than the actual background layer) and push delete. Then export/save it as a GIF with transparency. (I did this all off the top of my head, so some things might be labeled slightly differently or in a different place.)

k arden thanks a lot ill get to work on that :^)

bte everyone press cmooand-control-option-8 :^)

don't worry, just press it again and everything should go back to normal :b

Did nothing.

But then I'm not on X.

What's it do again? Reverse the screen or something?

lol i pressed it... it's odddddddddd!!!!! it is a bit slower....
with the platinum theme on everything is soooo much faster..
Oh ya i turned it on for some inspiration... i am making my own theme..... i started on the folders, i'll show you them in a sec...

i drew the folders pixel by pixel, colored em in yellow, then added a few overlapping gradeints. Then i added the special things. I gotta make a few more folders, and i gotta write on the little tabs on them like i did in the applications one. Also, i gotta make the little world thing bigger on the Websites folder.
Oh yes, and the theme wont be yellow, only the folders. I have a plan, it'll look good with the yellow folders.
HERE THEY ARE:

Attachments

• folderpreview.jpg
    folderpreview.jpg
    69.1 KB · Views: 14
Androo, you have way too much free time.

But while you're at it, I think you should leave the labels off the tabs... they look better without text on them.

mr. K: Cmooand-control-option-8? Is that what it was?

Originally posted by mr. K
minnesota! we scandanivians are in da house...

Well from Minneapolis you also have some extremely important claims to fame, namely Husker Du and The Replacements.

Uh....who?

The reverse & grayscale thing is a part of the Universal Access preference pane. Most of the stuff there have keys to do stuff.

That particular one is for people who find it hard to read a document - the white text on black background is a little easier to read. Or so it's said.

Here's my favorite - I actually find this one useful every once in a while.

Hit command-option-8, then hit command-option-+ ...hitting command-option-8 will turn it back off. ;)

haha darkshadow i like that one too...
make sure you hit plus on the keypad though, it won't work if you hit the one next to the delete key.
and nice lookin folders androo, but they look way too skinny! you should figure out how the defalult folders open up when you drag something over them and enable that too then they would be really cool.

Back