Herve's Bar & Grill

Oh yeah, I forgot to mention that that live cam thing doesn't work at night...since you posted at what was close to 5 in the morning here, Chevy, it wasn't up.

I guess it's because you wouldn't see much other than headlights. <shrugs>

Oh, and if you look to the left on the pic, those are the apartments I live in. :D

Gia, yes, the image is Sunday morning... but these streets are never very full unless this is the time where school starts or stops. Or the football match just ended.

Ok, so gimme a drink - I need to celebrate my near victory in the fight to get panther! I found a cheap $100 80GB firewire/usb2.0 hard drive that my mom requires before we get panther - and sometime this week she's going to compusa and picking up the drive which is on sale. Yes!
And on a completely related note, anyone ever had their finder prefrences completley overwritten when they logged in? It's no fun! Safari prefrences -- even worse!
Can anyone tell me how to put safari back into open new windows in new tab instead mode? For the life of me I can't find it. Ahhh the bland old desktop picture!

Wow.

The temperature dropped here in 2 hours like from 52 f to 33 f. it was warm and raining, and then it was snowing!

I went xmas shopping with Panther ... aaargh!!! I hate shopping. Why can't parent leave their small children home? they get tired and scream ... and I just hate screaming and shouting people! (like some teenagers who scream just for fun). And then all was with a loooot of bright lights, like i was in a new farmacy or something .. and too many people, and i didn't first even find the way to any place i was looking to go ..

All kids clothes looked too girly, sizewise 50 % of them would have fitted for sure (well, trousers would have mostly been too short but they would have fitted) .. and the adult section was a lot worse. Standard clothes come in 4-16, and most stuff that were sized 4 just look too big. Some of the petite stuff fit, but most have too small shoulders, short sleeves and still too big the rest ... and then I saw "studio" section where the stuff was 16 to 24, and I just ran away .. !!! Aaaargh!!!

Gimme a beer .. or wine or anything, I want to forget it .. I hate shopping ... I can't understand people who go shopping voluntarily..! (Well, I never feel this way in the Apple Stores, it happens only in clothes stores ...) :(

Well... in 6 days... it'll be the 1-year anniversary of my joining this site. Next Thursday, drinks are on me. ;)

I remember why I came here in the first place: I wanted an answer, and I figured www.macosx.com would be an Apple-supported site. Well, much to my surprise, I found an even better prize: the collective knowledge of thousands of Mac users! Of course, I didn't realize what a great community this was for a while, but soon enough I got into the forum and, well, the rest is history. ;)

*cough* Just getting over a nasty case of the flu. Totally kicked my ass. I was out of work all week.

But my new Fender Jazz Bass came during the week, so I finally got to start playing with it yesterday. I love it. Get to try it out at band rehearsal on Sunday.

So what's with these huge weird username title bar things?

It's the way vBulletin puts the standard view to the gamma of vB 3. It's rather annoying to notice that most posts are shorter than the usertitle bar, or the signatures. :-/

I hope you are feeling better haz.

The iMovie of the day. That guy really needs an iPod. ;).

Time to go back coding..

Hey, what happened to the Bar.. it is so empty... Arden, would you please mix some christmas drinks? :)

I'm just lighting up the christmas tress, guys .. USB ones, so sorry they are a bit slow ... I just don't find a firewire version of them :D

lovemacs_1768_2017245

For one thing, I didn't post because I didn't see the point if no one was going to read it.

And I'd like to stay in the realm of non-religious drinks. I mean, I like egg nog and all, but apparently I'm not "supposed" to drink it or something.

How about gluchwein then?? I had some today, yummy... :p the "oktoberfest" .. that's just a reason to party whenever, there's an oktoberfest in the city every month.. :)

I don't know why so many people hate egg nog! Its so awesome! I had an egg nog milkshake at Steak and Shake a few weeks ago. It was tasty.

Eggnog Milkshake... mmmmmm :D

Dangit, do I really have to have another birthday? Grrr... was trying to ignore/forget about it but people insist on reminding me! lol :p

I think a Bailey's milk shake sounds far more yummy! :p
I like Bailey's especially around xmas .. and on long haul flights .. so i rarely have it, but it is soo awesome in coffee, in special occasions .. and when it's cold outside.

Sogni if you don't feel like having a birthday, just switch off the phone and don't tell anyone when to celebrate. That normally works :D (uups, got to switch on the phone..)

Umh, I don't like the cold out there. Or my body does not like it more specificly. I sleep liek a bear (that is a lot) .. and the cold gets to my bones too easily. And yes, I dress up warmly, I look like the michelin man ..

G,
Can't. Sister is supposed to be coming over tomorow (but not it's looking like not)...

It's not that I don't want to have one, it's just that with XMas so close that all my bdays basically suck - always have! Yeah I love XMas - but not enough to give up my bday for! :(

Plus everyone is strapped for cash and there are mobs of people every where we want to go cuz of the holidays.

I still wouldn't mind if there weren't "kiddy" type birthdays (cake & pizza @ home)...
At least Outback Steak House! Shesh! :D
But she has 2 kids (3&2yo) that are LOUD (like 6 kids worth!) so Outback is out! :(

But really what I want I can't have/do (cruise, backpacking, be out to sea). So I guess I have to live with what others do to me. :p

Having BDays this close to XMas sucks! If I can help it - I'll make sure my kids don't get cheated like I have! heh :p

"Merry XMas, here's your gift - oh, it's also your birthday? Sorry I don't have another present" (I don't care about that now, but as a kid it sucked bad!), or "Oh, it was also your birthday? With the rush I totally forgot". :rolleyes:

Hehe ,, that must have sucked like receiving pyjamas for xmas present! I still have pyjamas ..

Hm, Johnny would soy ribs be ok for you? :D if not, you better ask arden to cook for you ;)

hey, i like getting pj's for xmas. my lady makes me a new pair every year. this year's have wizards on them. :D

Happy B-day Sogni!!

You like pj's, ed? They make me always remember and think about hospitals .. so I prefer to sleep without .. :(

Back