Herve's Bar & Grill

Giaguara said:
Anyone fancy a nice hot drink? Hot white chocolate with espresso?
Winters make me insanely tired ... lack of sunlight, and cold air just sucks.. today felt really cold and wintery out there, even though it was maybe 8 c / 50 f out there. I had winter clothes and was still freezing. So now .. relaxing with cartoons and old movies.. and hoping weekends would be longer. :)

Mmm...sounds good....just had myself a cup o' java this morning, but I could do with something like that. :D

Well, consider that at least you have a change of season. The only changes of season we have are Hurricane Season and No Hurricane Season. ::ha:: I'm just glad that Gamma has weakened to a tropical depression and is now farther south, not hittin any landmass directly. ::angel::

yes, being recently relocated from the "hurricane alley", I am experiencing my first true fall and winter in a long time. hah! its a tad nippy here for this florida boy! lol

delsoljb32 said:
yes, being recently relocated from the "hurricane alley", I am experiencing my first true fall and winter in a long time. hah! its a tad nippy here for this florida boy! lol

Try some hot hard cider. It will warm you up. :D

Be it a hot summer or cold winter night: A nice glass of Absinthe always refreshes my spirit. :)

Glögg is a Swedish fortified mulled wine, served hot with raisins and almonds. YUM YUM!

Glühwein is similar and is consumed in Germany.

Personally I prefer glögg.

Yea, thx captrainquark .. :) yea, glögg is nice. and indeed drinking it in Stockholm ...
There is also a feuer-something-bohle .. similar to these, I just always fail to remember how it's called again. Something that the German housemates have done a few times.

Giaguara said:
…drinking it in Stockholm…

I lived on the front side of Sweden – Göteborg (HEJA GÖTET!)– not Stockholm, which is the nasty arse-end!:p

:D

There's always been a healthy rivalry between the two cities – but we all dislike Malmö. ;)

:D

Heh.. well it's nice here. Just that this amount of dark outside would drive me insanely mad. Light from like 11 AM to 2 PM.. even a few days are enough to make me feel quite down. So nice that seeing this place as a tourist ...

edX said:
this thread may die a quick death or it might become a classic. in misery:D

I've been noting this thread, WOW!!!!! 501 pages if not more, and you were afraid of it dying???

Now will go go through it all? well maybe but not now LOL

Hmm, after posting, it goes over 940 pages, better set a side a day

ah 950 days

Back