Herve's Bar & Grill

I read that mobileme thread for the first time this morning and now sort of have a handle on what has transpired .... I don't use .mac or whatever so I don't really have an opinion or care for what it's worth.

Ooooh, a holiday! I could do with one of them... A beer might be easier to come by at the moment, alas. :)

BTW, I had a look at my User CP and saw an entry for reputation. It was a gray (not green or red) square, with no comment. Errr, what exactly does that signify? :confused:

BTW, I had a look at my User CP and saw an entry for reputation. It was a gray (not green or red) square, with no comment. Errr, what exactly does that signify? :confused:

That's weird because if you click the "rep" button you can only agree or disagree. So I guess it should be red or green, not gray. But I really don't know.
Does it say what thread its coming from? (see Rhisiart's example).
Maybe that could give us a clue.
Now you also confused me! :)

EDIT: I just checked my CP and I also have that square:

Picture%201.png

A question. How can I designate a reputation (+ve or -Ve) for anyone on this forum?

For example I would like to give BBloke a red square for having too many B's in his user name. ;)

A question. How can I designate a reputation (+ve or -Ve) for anyone on this forum?

For example I would like to give BBloke a red square for having too many B's in his user name. ;)

What do you mean with +ve or -ve?

If you give someone a bad reputation, that doesn't necessarily give them a red square though. At the moment this is only the case for those of us who just have 10 or less points. Some (Satcomer for example) have 2 or 3 dots so I don't think giving them a bad reputation once would automatically give them a red square.

If you want to give someone minus points for general (eg username) reasons I guess you would just have to find a post from that person, click rep and then state that reason. I don't think it must have to do with that post.

But again, I'm just guessing myself so you would have to ask Scott for specific answers.

I am partial to Ginger Bread + a Cappucino but I think I'll leave the Banana Bread to Rhisiart ;) ....

Are you going away? Enjoy your holiday!

Thanks. Going camping with family members then going out to several microbreweries with some old friends.

Ooooh, a holiday! I could do with one of them... A beer might be easier to come by at the moment, alas. :)

If a user has 0 reputation points, a gray dot () is displayed.

Got that from Ferdinands excellent link to the VBulletin Forum a couple of pages back ...

I *think* that a user who doesn't have any points can't give rep points to another member, hence that grey/gray thingy .... ??

I read also that if you don't care to display your rep points you can turn them off and others will see a black thingy ... that sounds cool but I've never seen the options turned on to allow this in any user CP.

If a user has 0 reputation points, a gray dot () is displayed.

FWIW, I don't like that red thingy, it's so negative!:D

@ Satcomer,

Sounds like a well balanced holiday plan .... do the microbreweries have camping facilities? ;)

Last edited:
Thanks Rhisiart... might just yet be able to join you for that banana beer.

I wasn't expecting that kinda detailed info... but some of the best things area created at the bar! ;)

I used to pronounce where you live:

cari-be/an.

Now I've often heard what I believe to be the truer pronunciation:

caribb-ean.

But used to think that it was a case of ♭"you say tomahto �� and I say ♮ tomayto, let's call the whole thing ♯ off!"

I have taken note that it's a double-b, so I get it now ... "Carrib-ean" it is! :)

So I guess it should be red or green, not gray. But I really don't know.
Does it say what thread its coming from?
Yup, I thought it would only be green or red too. I can see what thread the allocation comes from, and clicking on the link takes me to the specific post that was judged.

Now you also confused me! :)
Aha, mission accomplished! ;)

Oi, ya swine! :D

Your initiation of a discussion about beer has my attention, though, so maybe I'll forgive you this time... I'm generous like that. ;)

Got that from Ferdinands excellent link to the VBulletin Forum a couple of pages back ...

I *think* that a user who doesn't have any points can't give rep points to another member, hence that grey/gray thingy .... ??
Yup, I saw Ferdinand's link, but didn't see anything about a gray square. Like you, I wondered if it might have something to do with a user who cannot allocate rep points. Possibly from a guest user?

Thanks. Going camping with family members then going out to several microbreweries with some old friends.
Sounds like it should be good fun! Have a good holiday, Satcomer. Let us know how it went, with plenty of photos... of beer, naturally.

Did the Normandy Coast, Pyrenees and Spain in a SMALL Bedford camping car in the 1980s (lent to me by my wife's folks). Best hotel I ever had. It was just trying to find the good spot to park, away from everybody for the night, that was sometimes difficult. Can't do that now. All my spots are taken or have been overtaken. SIGH!

There are some disused spots still available in Liverpool, although I don't think you'll find much of the van left in the morning.

Back