Herve's Bar & Grill

Welcome googolplex!! glad you found the place. pull up a stool and hang out any time:)

what is going on here is constantly changing. But Tismey serves the alcohol (Tismey this one's underage) and ksv handles anything else. I handle most of the food and everybody just pitches in whenever they are needed. other than that we talk about all sorts of stuff - usefull, useless, it doesn't matter. Sometimes we're up, sometimes we're sad. anything but the kind of stuff that goes on at the cuss thread across the street is ok basically.

and currently there seems to be a lot of ballroom dancing going on.:D

Tismey: Hmm I'd like a...umm.... oh nevermind :).

The cuss thread kind of went to hell so I thought I'd look at other threads in here, and jadey talked about this place a few times.

Ballroom dancing eh? I'm not very good at that :).

Ed, how right you are. Why, I remember when the cus thread was semi-respectable. Alas.

Hey you, over there. Yeah, hoser. Take OFF! eh?!!!! Maybe you being Canadian you would take humour in my cha cha cha charmin post. I thought it was funnier than hell ;)

Yet another fun filled night of Brood War comes to a close. How come nobody else plays this anymore? JoeSpiros.. where were you tonight? You're supposed to come kick some terran butt with us!

Jadey, I'd play if I had the game :)

Scott, I found that very funny :)

The cuss thread was alright before, then nummi and deez_nutz came. Anyways this looks like a great thread, more lighthearted.

Love that game jadey, but lately i haven't had enough tim to play. I'm a protoss guy. When/Channel do you play?

Samba

Mature Content Ahead

I really disklike people who are brainwashed into thinking that macs are bad. I learned it the hard way. I was under the impression that most people were just underexposed to Macs in general. I was wrong. Most people are just so fucking stuck on the idea that their computer has to be windows if they want it to be functional. People know that I've had tons of computing experience, windows, mac , linux, you name it. They trust me to fix their computer. BUT, the minute they see that I own a Mac, I instantly turn into the most fucking stupid person in the world.

I had my laptop in school today to do some chemistry type stuff, I really don;t bring it often, mabey twice a year, and for some reason i felt like I got particularly hammered this time. My anatomy teacher, who I reguard as a rather smart guy, gave me the most weird ass look today when he saw that I used a Mac. Suddenly, all of my past computing reputation was thrown out, at least in his mind. And I quote,"Oh, so you use a mac?" "Why'd you do that?" "Why are they all funky colors like that" "Why dont they just design them correctly?" I thought about telling him about the bulletproof plastic or the very generous battery life, instead I just said nothing of substance. This is coming from the guy who thinks his 1999 Dell Inspiron is the "shiznit". This guy had trouble installing Quicktime. this guy thinks that hes cool because he changed his HD icon.

I go to my next class, I decide to test my chem teacher with my project, which is studying fitt's and hick's laws. First he says,"Oh, its one of those Mac things" I find this statement particularly annoying. He obvioulsy does not know what a Mac is, he doesn't even refer to it as a computer. What he does know is that he's not supposed to like Macs or anything Apple related. He then goes on to triple click on a bunch of thigs, and then blame the machine, and then then the whole platform in general. Wow, glad you gave Macintosh a chance. Good thing you've got a computer at home which can tolderate your fucking triple clicks.:rolleyes:

I had another kid who is rather smart tell me that Apple is more of a monopolist than MS because it controls the hardware in Mac machines.

So where does all of this FUD come from. How can HS level science teachers, and top of the class students swallow this shit so readily. Is MS inserting subliminal "macs suck" messages in every 80th refresh?:D

I also noticed a not so disturbing trend. Almost every girls just loved Apple computers, sure they didn;t own one, and they might have been "voyeurs" in coursey's book, but they were much more receptive and interested in Apple computer's than any of the males were. ONe girl told me she was getting one for college. Another kept on exclaiming on how cool everything was, and then expressed how much she hoped she could get one for college. I had girls practically fighting to see who could get tested next on the computer. Yes.:p

So, basically, I've decided that some people wont change until the group as a whole changes. They'll try and compliment you when they want their machine fixed, but the next minute, they'll irrationally try and shoot the mac down.

So, in conclusion, I've decided that a better, but perhaps too agressive motto for apple, should be, instead of "everything is easier on a mac" it should be "everything works correctly on a mac" sure, people will instantly be able to point out the time they got the error message, but it will really make them sit down and think about how many times a day they find something busted in windows, and how much better things might be if all of that went away.

We'll glad the bartenders are here to listen,:D

Do I win the longest post award?

Originally posted by Ed Spruiell
this thread may die a quick death or it might become a classic.

mr. spruiell... i think you got this one right on the nose!

here! have some Charmin!

you can have people wipe your nose with it when you bask in the fruits of your greatness!

Originally posted by scott
Sure! Flag's all yours.

I'm on a new avatar hunt today.

Don't go away, I'll need a beer when I catch my quarry.

Actually Ed, we could probably do with calling in some of these tabs. I've got a big collection of unclaimed avatars behind the bar, and it's getting in the way of the fridges. Actually, looking at them, most of them seem to be Matrix Agents....

Matrix Agent, right back at you with respect to Windows. Who was it who said, "We mock what we don't understand."? I totally understand what you are saying about people's perceptions of Mac users. But honestly I probably thought the same things, as I stull find OS 9 a total POS of an OS. Hopefully OS X will change the general population's perception. In the same view, I hate seeing people totally bust on Windows. NT and 2000 are very good OS's. And they suck. Mac OS is very good. And it sucks. Unix is very good. and it sucks. They all excel and suck in different ways. That's the way it works. Like one of the apparent mottos of mutt, my mailer, "All mailers suck. this one sucks less." Take a deep breath and blow it all off. :)

Damn you guys were busy today. I was busy taking an exam. I am now, as of this afternoon, a Sun Certified Solaris System Administrator. I made up for the drinks afterwards. :)

Here Here !! Let's all have another toast and say CONGRATULATIONS KEN!!! Good going!!

Tismey, if those avatars were Phil's, then they probably belong to somebody else anyway. I can't believe you have been letting him get away with paying with stolen goods and dell elf hats. Oh well, just move em back in the dungeon bathroom with Alexandert. He likes playing with avatars lately so maybe that will give him something to do and he'lll behave:D

Phil - so you lost all your intellectual friends and became a babe magnet. that has got to be the saddest story i have heard today!:rolleyes:
hey, you've still got macosx.com for intellectual company. sounds like all the 14 and 15 yo's here know more about computers than your teachers anyway.

So just which girl are you going to be giving the first lessons in osx anyway? (hint - do not get them together and do this as a group thing if you have any interest in even one of them):D ;)

and to all you Canucks straggling in from the far corners of the intenet, glad you're here. BTW - what is the drinking age in Canada?

AND ARE THERE ANY MORE NON USA PEOPLE IN HERE WHO WOULD LIKE TO PLAY FANTASY BASEBALL WITH SOME OF US? We have 7 people already. 5 from USA and 2 from Europe. if we get 3 more non Americans to play (that includes Canucks) then we can also compete USA vs the World. Of course if any americans still want to play, that's ok too. Anybody who wants can just go to the fantasy baseball thread and get complete instructions to sign up there.:)

Originally posted by Ed Spruiell

So just which girl are you going to be giving the first lessons in osx anyway? (hint - do not get them together and do this as a group thing if you have any interest in even one of them):D ;)

THat's bad advice... think of all the different permutaions you could have. One using the mouse, one with her finder on 'ctrl', one doing your ironing, one washing up.... ;)

Tismey - if Phil can get the girls together and have them compatibly agree to all that, i will shut up and be the student at Phil's feet:D

I also think at that point that even Phil would stop whining about his teachers. er, i mean complaining;)

:cool: Well I have arrived Ed, and pheww.... I don't think RacerX spotted me slipping into your Bar'N'Grill
rollin.gif

Nevertheless mate: I am going to get some shut-eye and I'll catch you later! :)
dukewave.gif

Sloane.gif

I think I may have been wrong on all accounts guys:

A bunch of girls wanted to use it, but I let my X do it first. Hmm, not sure that may have been the best choice....

She's the X in Mac OS X.:D

Back