Herve's Bar & Grill

Yeah, problem is that it's now swinging from the lampshade and throwing handfuls of beer nuts at people. I'd've thought you'd have known better than to bring your monkey with you Ed, even though you have finished digging your pond.

Now, where did I put that net...

Originally posted by symphonix
Oh, and horror-of-horrors, I am actually considering getting MS Office.

I've tried Office v.X... it is quite good... along with the XBOX, it's probably the only thing from Microsoft that I would actually recommend...

NEVER would I recommend Office 2002 (XP) for Windows... it SUCKED!

and ed... did you use iPhoto to import that photo? :D :cool:

Hmm, I just finished the Polaris story line in EV Nova. I must say, it say fun at first, but then got very boring. You kinda just end up being some amazing telepath that can do whatever you want, and the game ends...
I know there are 5 more story lines, but I liked the ability to play a pilot out much further than I was able to this time. Oh well :)

BlingBling: XBox's are evil.

yes, fish are planned to go in the pond, but only Goldfish. maybe a beta as well. nothing expensive. we have too many cats, racoons and skunks that regularly patrol our yard to invest any real money in fancy koi or anything.

It does feel great to have that monkey off my back. and right now i don't care if he is causing all that other trouble. He can hang from the ceiling and throw all the beer nuts he wants:D (of course, how many of you beer nuts are small enough he can lift in the first place?:p )

Tolya - you are so east coast man:rolleyes: Those are 100% natural redwood fences and they are 'The Look' in Calif. !! I wouldn't paint them for anything. That would be ugly!! Believe me, everybody's fences in my neighborhood look like this.:cool:

BB - no iphoto involved. just the classic app that came with my camera and a little color/contrast adjustment with graphic convertor. It's funny, i have iphoto (downloaded it in the first few hours it was available), but i haven't even opened it yet. I figure it will make more sense when i get a camera it supports. some of the stories that people ha about pics changing names and even disappearing while they were figuring it out has me cautious of playing with it.

symphonix - forget your simpsons dreams. I want to have one like your island girl dream. It has been far too long since i had one of those:D

yes, fish are planned to go in the pond, but only Goldfish. maybe a beta as well. nothing expensive. we have too many cats, racoons and skunks that regularly patrol our yard to invest any real money in fancy koi or anything.

Ed,
My father is a science teacher and was able to get koi very cheap from Ward's Scientific supply. You may want to look into that. I think they're only expensive if you get them large. It takes quite a while for them to get that big, and they do get THAT BIG.
Thought it might interest you. Being a man of science and all.

lol
Ed, if thats the style over there....well so be it :p -- who am I to argue with west coast style ? :p lol ;)
can you take a photo (a more complete one) of teh fence with maybe some surroundings to gimme a better idea ?

ok -- DING DING DING!!!!
May I have your attention please! :p
I am renovating my web site, and I am posting a link to OSX.com and herve's bar & grill. Anyone have any objections if I use a few avatars ?

if u dont want me to use your avatar just holler :D

Admiral

Go ahead. I doubt the fame will go to my head completely.

Now, get me that damn milkshake. Celebrities like I do not like to be kept waiting, people. :D

EV NOVA is the best game EV NOVA ownes every other game out there! - beer please, a light blue

due to the new changes at the Apple store, i have reconfigured my order!

Now includes 10 GB iPod w/Laser Engraving and a 23" cinema display

I'm up to $300 per month for 2 years!

$300 a month for two years! Wow, and I feel all extravagant for springing for the $30 courier delivery for my last order of records. Which arrived this morning, and rock. It's very exciting, it will be hard to settle down to right my term paper tonight, I want to jump up and spin records.

Hi there. I've never posted to this thread before, so I hope you'll forgive me if I break some sort of "thread-iquette".

I'd like a large pint (as if pints are different sizes :) ) of something cold and beer-y, please.

What is up with the $300 a month order at the Apple Store? I browsed back about ten pages, but I don't want to spend all night reading, so I might not have seen the original reference.

How are the temperatures in SF now? Will the sun heat the pond up so much that the poor little fish boil? I'm in Tucson, so this kind of thing isn't as strange as it sounds. Or maybe it is, I dunno.

You're welcome to use my avatar -- I originally got it off the 'net, anyway.

And who let that monkey in here??

welcome to Hervé's nkuvu.

I'm sure you'll soon be welcomed in by the regulars, Ed, Tismey, Admiral, and of course Hervé to name a few.

Tismey's who you'll want to see about that pint, unless he's not bartending anymore, I haven't been paying attention.

Admiral is who you'll go to if you don't like the music ;)

And Ed..... well...... Ed's gardening....

Enjoy!

Somehow "pond" and "gardening" don't seem to be that closely related. I could be wrong, it could be some SF regional thing. You know, like the difference between a chip in the UK and a chip in the USA.

Hey, I just noticed that I'm a "Member" now, not just a "Junior Member". Maybe not as dramatic as RacerX's 1000th post, but it's kinda neat for me.

I do have to say that I am profoundly amazed at the general attitude in these fora. There are always exceptions, of course (do I need to name names? I hope not). But in general I have never seen a place that is so welcoming, and at the same time, full of useful knowledge. There are even Windows users here (like yours truly, until my iMac ships :) ) that don't get flamed! Astounding...

So a toast to macosx.com:
May your users continue to be as nice as they are, unless they aren't nice, in which case may they become as nice as everyone else.

Can I get a round o' drinks for the Admin and moderators and everyone else who made this site what it is? (I say this with some trepidation -- how many people am I getting a round for...? :) )

Back