Herve's Bar & Grill

Um, yeah. Freaky weather. It's been warm here, cooling off at nights, then warm again the next day. My idea of warm is 85-90 deg. F. But that's not hot. Just warm. But it will warm up soon, I hope... Yeah, Fall is definitely the worst season. No, wait, that's not right. We don't do raking here -- cactii don't drop leaves.

OK, OK. I'll stop talking about how much I love Tucson. :) But I am not used to raking anything -- in Washington if there are leaves on the ground (unlikely, since most trees are evergreens), you can't rake them because they're a big soggy mess. :p

Tismey, I've never tried Sunderland. But as long as it doesn't have a urinal cake in it I'm willing to try it. :D

Congratulations on finishing the patio, Ed. Where are you going to get the rocks? Is this one of those kind of "pay for the rocks and dirt" kind of projects, or can you just wander alongside a river and get some rocks?

Vic, if you think this is bad, try irc. Not only do you tend to have more conversation threads in each channel, but they also happen as fast as someone can type them. This is a slow, drawn out conversation...

By the way:
According to TWAIN.org, TWAIN is not an acronym for "Technology Without An Interesting Name."
and from http://twain.org/faq.htm:
The word TWAIN is from Kipling's "The Ballad of East and West" - "...and never the twain shall meet...", reflecting the difficulty, at the time, of connecting scanners and personal computers. It was up-cased to TWAIN to make it more distinctive. This led people to believe it was an acronym, and then to a contest to come up with an expansion. None were selected, but the entry "Technology Without An Interesting Name" continues to haunt the standard. "

Sorry if that disappoints anyone... :(

Frappe means beatten as in a bar-mixer (one of those stainless steel ones, I have one at home :D) or a mixer lol.

Tismey! a frappe please ;)

Admiral

Hey guys, last week a bunch of friends and I were at Maloney's (the campus bar) and got our pictures taken with the Maxim girls. (they weren't that hot, but whatever)

Anyhoo, the majority of our group didn't make it on the website, but for some reason they decided to put my dumbass up. The guy on the left is my roommate and I'm the goober on the right. If you hit previous pic, that's our buddy Phil, the only other guy in our group to get on and who happens to look like the ladie's man.

Pretty lame, I know, but I thought I'd share it with y'all since you're my 'other' bar-buddies.

Originally posted by unlearnthetruth
exam... boolean logic, enthymemes, argument reconstruction...

failed

need alcohol

:rolleyes:

AWWWWW... so how are you going to get back at your teachers?

--- ahhhhh that was some good homemade shit!

Any chance I can get a beer here? If I don't get a drink soon I'm going to bludgeon someone to death before walking out of this stinkin' job. A pint of Hobgoblin and a whisky chaser would go down well.

DC

Ahh, Saint Paul.

How about six inches of snow on April 1st?

There ay still be some question as to whether or not God has a sense of humor, but there's no longer any doubt in my mind that Mother Nature does.

Good one, lady! Best April Fool's joke ever!

Huh?

Oh, no, I don't drink. I'll take a Cherry Coke though. :D

-the valrus

So I had to give a Tribute Speech for my public speaking course. I found out about it quite soon before it was due, so I had to think quickly. Ed and Hervé of course were my first guesses, but I don't know enough about them, and hadn't the time to find out. So I decided on Steve Jobs. Opening the powerpoint presentation with the new iMac commercial, and closing with some Jobs quotes - it actually wasn't too bad. heh

I'm on windows at school. In computer class now... I should really get this circuit working instead of hanging around in herves.

Originally posted by Valrus
Ahh, Saint Paul.

How about six inches of snow on April 1st?

I tried to stay home that day, I hate driving in snow! A few days earlier I thought spring had sprung for us, little did I know I was going to be digging out my car (they plowed the parking lot which blocked in my car).

themacko...

for some strange reason, every time i look at the pic with your and your friend in it, i think he looks like Adam Carolla (from Comedy Central's "The Man Show" and KROQ's "Loveline")

see what i mean in the attachment....

maybe it's just me...

Attachments

• macko_friend.jpg
    macko_friend.jpg
    20 KB · Views: 14
YES! You post wayyyy too much! Sorry off-topic, but couldn't help it. Besides, xoot started it :)
Wait, this is the off-topic forum, why else would it have Herve's name in it? :(

Originally posted by ksuther
YES! You post wayyyy too much! Sorry off-topic, but couldn't help it. Besides, xoot started it :)
Wait, this is the off-topic forum, why else would it have Herve's name in it? :(

What is wrong with posting too much? :confused:

I heard posting too much raises your blood temperature and cholesterol levels...a small mouse whispered it into me ear.

Back