Herve's Bar & Grill

Forest Hills is nice. Pretty suburban feeling. WAY out there in Queens, but you have trains like the E and the F that run express, so it's not that long into Manhattan.

Well if you like bars, there are tons. There's pretty much anything you like to do. I recommend doing some searches on newyork.citysearch.com . And there are different neighborhoods to hang around, depending on what atmosphere you're into. I live in Brooklyn, but in Manhattan I'm rarely above 14th St. That's the northern border of Greenwich Village, where I usually am if I'm in Manhattan. Only exception is all the way up in Washington Heights, where my girlfriend lives. Usually I prefer to stay around Brooklyn.

cool, yeah im going to be doing a lot of reading up on it soon, lot of exploring too. first priority is getting a job though.

delsoljb32 said:
ok, very funny whoever did this one:

http://www.apple.com/downloads/dashboard/games/mirror.html

I bit, i KNEW it wouldn't reflect an image, but i thought it would be a funny face or something humorous. :confused:

Edit: ok, didnt see the line below on the page, it uses the iSight. Duh. So much for reading directions! hahahahah

===============

About Mirror
This dashboard widget displays your face. Requires video input, typically an iSight camera.

THE COOLEST WIDGET EVER!! :D :D :D

ok, im here in NYC, a big move for me, from a smaller town (pop 450,000). first impression is of awe and loss of bearing. In my small town i knew things, here i know nothing. a wise man once said that "I am a wiser man that he, not because I claim to know the things I do not, but rather I know that I do not know everything." (anyone know who said it?)

I made my 1st excursion into manhattan today, very cool. I went into the Apple Store in SoHo, very cool too. Saw a lot of "familiar" buildings. Only familiar b/c they have been in so many movies: NY public library, Empire State Bldg, etc. I even walked past the firehouse that was used in Ghostbusters-- they had the big plastic "ghostbusters" sign hanging inside next to the truck! haha!

The mayor's office from Ghostbusters is in the building I work in. It's 1 Bowling Green, right by Battery Park. The old customs house.

Perseus said:
Woah! Big error there, I meant the Williamsburg building.

Not sure which you're talking about. In Williamsburg? I only go there when absolutely necessary. The hipsters annoy the hell out of me. I'm really only ever there when my band is recording.

[Pop] are we here yet? :D
Bar seems a bit empty, hopefully it's only because everyone is offline and enjoying the sun or spending time with their beloved ones.. ;)
Anything interesting happened to anyone recently? New jobs, falling in love etc?

I am having a quiet July.. that is, nothing but work. And the #@%$ distance still, can't wait for August when I'll have 'Dorn' around for more. So, working, overtime and just trying to enjoy a bit of sun too (even though 1/2, I mean 99% of me feels missing) and spend as always all the time with him anyway (which with time zone differences is limited to chat and skype etc) so weekends are good (more chat time, and can sleep away the tiredness caused by work, time difference and late schedules). (so yes, nothing new, still < 3 him a lot)...

Hm, if there is no bartender tonight, I think I'll have a whisky as a DIY service .. :p

not much going on here, just searching for jobs. NY is cool, manhattan is very cool, though ive only made it in town a few times. moved here 3 weeks ago, im hoping to get a job here soon. and as for drinks, since no one else is bartending, i guess i'll fulfill my old position, Captain Morgan's Private Stock + Coke for everyone! (light on the coke of course!). Can't go wrong with the CMPS, guaranteed good times. Trust me.

I guess free drink for a few pages won't be a bad idea .. noticed there are now 40,000 + members here? :D
Mmmh.. a nice vodka for me too. After a long day taking sun.. so nice to have a back yard :)

i miss my backyard in florida, in fact, i miss the beach already. though there isnt much left of it these days after the hurricanes keep wiping them out! nothing better than sitting on the beach, drinking a (insert favorite drink here), and not caring about a thing...(except about the next drink, and- oooh, who's that girl over there!...)...

Back