Herve's Bar & Grill

ahh, the shields. We had them made for us at the Ohio Renassaince festival several years ago. we used to hang them on the canopy that is covering the food when we went to pagan festivals. since then they have set in the garage. I decided it was time to proudly display them. the unicorn is hers and the dragon is mine. I can be the fire breathing type after all:p

Originally posted by Ed Spruiell
btw - would anybody like to see some pics of last weeks party? warning - the people in them may be nazis;) :D

Over-patriotic imperialists, at least ;)

It's my birthday today. Non-alcoholic drinks are on me :p :)

Happy bday kjetil :)

Ed, I like the wooden gate sort-of contraption, are you planning on putting some sort of flower or plan deco on it (my grandfather has one in greece, metalic though, and he has grape vines growning on it, it looks REALLY nice :D maybe I will bring some photos when I come back from greece.

OK 2 general questions:
1 what do you think of the panasonic eMate (or whatever its called) which is a compact MP3 player, digital camera and possibly digital video camera. It looks REALLY small, do you think its worth buying? It uses SD cards, so it seems like it might not take high rez photos

2) what Netscape sort of browser do most of you use? I need to start testing my web site blueprint out :)

Finally this is the newest venture teh admiral is in --> localization ;) --- I am currently localizing a dictionary application (to greek) that works on palms and pocketpcs cool eh ? :D

Ed I dont like shrimp :p --- any steak available ? ;)

Admiral

Happy Bday ksv!!! now sing Happy Birthday to yourself and then imagine me finishing off (in a baritone) with "and many moooore!":D

I think a nice flavored coffee would be a good way to start this day (and every other day for that matter)

Tolya - yes, there are already plants growing at the bases of the trellis archway. there are morning glories, moonflowers and scarlet climbers that are attempting to come up from seeds. They aren't doing remarkably well. so i went and bought a pair of bouganvillas - one purple and one red. the red one is on the side of the purple shield and the purple one is on the red shield side. But they are not exactly grwing quickly either. Eventually something will work there. Maybe i will try grapes if the current plants don't work. This is northern calif after all. there are lots of wineries.

and sure there is steak, you just have to order it and pay for it like always. the shrimp was free - a sort of happy hour/special occasion treat!! It sure was tasty.:cool:

Well I'm finally going to get to see Spiderman tonight. Then I will still have to see Star Wars. I've gotten really behind on seeing movies since my last few weekends have been very very busy!

So, a flavored coffee, Ed? Coming right up :)
What is actually a flavored coffee? Like, mocca coffe, etc?

Originally posted by googolplex
Well I'm finally going to get to see Spiderman tonight. Then I will still have to see Star Wars. I've gotten really behind on seeing movies since my last few weekends have been very very busy!

What? You're going to see... uh... Spiderman:rolleyes:? Before Star Wars:rolleyes:?

:confused:

;)

I went to see it on Thursday. A lot was happening that night, actually. There was a lot of activity in the middle town because a princess was marrying there the day after, and about fourty meters behind me, on the way home back from the cinema, a guy on a scooter crashed with a car. He wasn't noticable injuried, but shocked of course, and got help at once from people near the accident. An ambulance was there in about two minutes.
I wonder how this situation would've developed if it was in the US? How much would the medical bill be on?...

The new Star Wars movie was incredibly cool, btw. But you must have seen, and you must know exactly the story of the three original movies to understand the story of Episode II. Not having seen the original movies is the reason for people thinking it's just a cheap love story covered by a action-filled science fiction-plot.
Unlike the last movie, Episode I, it wasn't a ultra-commercialized and americanized special effects-orgie for children. It was dark. It had a valid story. And best of all, Jar-Jar Binks is only in two or three scenes, and makes the biggest blunder ever. Look forward to see that movie :cool:

Originally posted by Ed Spruiell
vic is 100% right this time!! (not to be taken out of context:D )

So right to you means "believes what i believe" ?

(i'm comenting on the "not to be taken out of context" thing, i know you are only joking, but i feel prety anal now.)

Take it easy, I was kidding. I've been corrected on that one so many times, I scratched it into my palm(of my hand, no scratching electronics here)

I am back :D
if you guys are ever in boston, dont miss out on coming to the Arboretum :D Its 260 acres (approx) of woods, paths and green. I was there for an hour or so walking around under the sun and trees. I feel great! :D

Back