Herve's Bar & Grill

Well I remember in my old days in school and having some great hard cider at this cool little British style bar called The Old Toad. They even served in warm if you wanted.

Geeze, back in the day they served hard cider to anyone?? I wonder if that's good or bad...

The thought of warm cider does seem a bit odd, or maybe that's just me.

Yep. Thanks for pointing that out.
Hehehe

It's OK, I actually thought you were making a quip. It's a standard, jokey insult that British beers are warm. Actually, ciders are often chilled here, so The Old Toad's approach did seem a little unusual.

Anyway, the lagers here tend to be cold but "real ales" are served at room temperature. I was told by beer experts years ago this was because the cold would hide the tastes of the ales, but that it was OK to chill lagers because they have no real taste. :D

I guess ales being room temperature make more sense when it's miserably cold outside. So nice when practically in December one can still go out in a t-shirt and flip-flops... :)

Well I know there is a place better than Florida, because after 17 years, I'm a bit tired of it.

Where are you talking about though?

Ah - So how are things on the ranch?

Are you able to bring a few nachos from El Coco Loco to the bar and grill?

There are no nachos like TexMex nachos from Houston.

No ranch yet - but one day...
I don't like animals on my plate. So far the only place where that's been an issue was at Chuy's - I just don't get why on earth would anyone want to put meat things in queso... live and learn I guess.

Woo Hoooo - first real snow!!!

We just got 5 inches of the fluffy white stuff. Work just bought a used plow and truck to try to save some green so I got to run around playing in the snow, not getting my feet wet and getting paid for it!

And at the end of the day - Hot Cider with ginger and cinnamon. Ah - I do like the winter.

Back