Herve's Bar & Grill

*ed walks in, dusts off the cobwebs and orders supplies. puts up a sign for Bartender Wanted. kicks the jukebox which starts playing some aretha franklin song*

ok, i just thought that since more people are starting to visit the cafe forum today, it might be time to reopen Herve's. i'm still not going to be around as much (this week has been a kind of break before i go back to being busy), but i will promise to read everything and occasionally laugh at the jokes or empathize with people's problems.

Happy Thanksgiving to everyone!! :)

now, i'm sure i left some beers in the cooler. who's been sneaking my stash? :p

Wow, the memories! I remember my first milkshake here, or rather it was over there. It'll take some work to get the patronage up again, but what memories.

oh good, herve's bar and grill is back :)

hmm, whats new?

I got a haircut, and we have a 5 day weekend!

happy thanksgiving to all, although its a bit late (I just finished dinner myself, 'twas great :))

*throws her arms around Ed's neck and gives him a huge hug*

YOU BROUGHT HERVE'S BACK!!!!! JUST WHAT I NEEDED

I'll even clean the joint...Heck, I'll even buy Herve/tree a beer cringe but right now I'm dusting off a barstool and having a personal one on one with my good buddy Jose'.

"Coyote Ugly's" here we come.

Raises her shot glass to Ed...congrats on your promotion and thanks for being a great friend, Ed. :D Cheers.

well, i guess since the monkey moved to the new joint with the old crowd, the coyote is welcome for now.:D

the drinks are on the house. but i expect everyone to bring their thanksgiving leftovers in and share them untill the food shipment gets here. i would bring mine but all i've eaten today is some peanut m&m's and some microwave popcorn. (not to worry - this was mostly a choice. since the gf works in a hospital and holiday pay is the best, we tend to celebrate on days other than the real one)

thanks for the congrats. :)

you'll all have to excuse me if i'm a bit busier than i planned. the announcement about our promotions wasn't supposed to happen til mon or tues.

so anybody want to be a mod?

(not you mystique, i need someone for them to moderate on :D )

(JOKING!! JUST JOKING - don't throw the barstool, they're expensive to replace :p )

It has a nice feel to it... it just happened all of a sudden though. I still have windows up with the old theme.

Ed! Ed! *holds up hand and jumps up and down*

I'm not qualified to be a mod and actually what you said has a lot of truth to it, I'd feel I would have to BEHAVE *shudder* if I did, but I'd like to put in an application for the bartender job. I'm not male or British..I don't shout "Oh Pants!" when something goes wrong or call my gf my "bird", but hey...I'm PERFECT...I won't drink on the job, I have the PERFECT wardrobe to attract clientle (ie hip hugger leather pants, short tops, Victoria Secret but not Fredricks of Hollywood.:D

I'm raunchy with the best of them, but professional and tough and don't take any sh*t. You can't embarrass me, anyone tries to touch me will get the point of a boot ...mmmhmmm...and hey....if there is a fire or someone has a heart attack...you've got your firefighter/medic right on scene!

This is just my application. Think about it. My online time may be a bit less with the holidays, but you KNOW how much time I spend here.

I'm your girl, Ed. Oh, and btw....I can even pour a drink. But I DON'T do umbrellas.

You say you're "the girl" but you also say you have a girlfriend you don't call "bird". Is there something i'm not getting here? lol.

Originally posted by Trip
You say you're "the girl" but you also say you have a girlfriend you don't call "bird". Is there something i'm not getting here? lol.

Heh...NONO....the forum where I just came from had a british bartender who called his lady friend his "bird". I don't swing that way. I AM a woman.

HOWEVER if I ever get my heart broken as I recently did, I may consider switching sides. :D

Nevermind me, I'm still very much on the picking-myself-off-the-floor and putting myself back together stage.

Nice to meet you, Trip.:) :)

Vote for me. ;)

*ed takes down the wanted sign.*

you're hired. you may now change your description to Herve's Bartender or bartendress or something like that. tommy and inline guy are about the only 'fruits' that you'll find here so no worries there. ;) besides, they're both so likable, you can't go wrong hanging out with them.:) (guys if you are offended by that say so and i'll edit it. i just couldn't resist plugging you guys and bugging mystique about a pet peeve of hers )

besides Tommy has always been the official madam of herve's. if you can get him back to work as well, you'll see business pick up quickly. :D

trip - she was referring to tismey. remember our old bartender here?

W00T!!!!!!

THANK YOU ED!! YOU ARE THE BEST!!!

I'm not exactly sure what's expected of me except what I watch tis do, but fill me in and if for any reason I don't think I can do my job I will let you know. Personally I think this is going to be EXCELLENT therapy for me right now and I even know a few people from the Herve's II whom I KNOW will come over for a drink when they hear the news.

Thanks for welcoming me into your community with such trusting open arms, I only hope I can live up to your faith and trust in me. :)

I'm up for the job of moderator, that is if you think I'm worthy :D. I haven't been around for awhile, glad to see RacerX is back. Not much is new here. Gotta cracked rib (long story, I'll tell ya all later ;) )

wow, sorry to hear about the rib JohnnyV. i've never had one but my GF has and i could tell it was really painful. hope you're better now, or at least headed in that direction.

as for moderating, please go to the "looking for new moderators" thread in the announcements forum and post your desire there. i can't think of any reason to rule you out right off the top of my head. glad you're interested.

Oh, forgot to mention, I "modded" my linux pc that I threw together over the summer. I'm very proud of it :D

http://homepage.mac.com/johnnyvf/PhotoAlbum15.html

It now has mirrors in the bottom and back side that provide a very cool reflection and make a false sense of depth. I still have many plans for this computer, just need to get some money to finish them :)

Tell me what you think.

This is just a post to try and get to the next page without a parsing error.

I didn't REALLY post, it just the beer talking.

*mystique stumbles in carrying buckets and brooms and mops, tripping over most of it in a hurry to get to work on this place and having over-slept after a very long night. She stands, drops the mops, buckets and brooms at her feet, puts her hands on her hips and looks around. Thinks...."my gawd, who CHOSE this color? People might be desperate to come in for a drink in these conditions, but this color would make any hangover ten times worse" *myst rubs her own temples and tries not to gawk at the rust/orange paint* "I must speak to Ed about this"

Myst looks around for Scott to see if she can get his lazy arse off the barstool to help her clean, realizes she is more hungover than she thought and gets busy cleaning Herve's for the new Grand Re-opening after playing something "SAFE" on the Jukebox.

So what does I guy have to do to get a milkshake around here? Or a root beer float, that would totally hit the spot! :D

Back