Interview the person beneath you

Shrapnel in the knee from a mate walking in front of me standing on a landmine/shot in the head – take yer pic.

Will the Yanks ever create a car that can handle corners?

4. Does that mean anything? Do I need to wash my teeth more frequently? (that was not my question yet!)

If you would win $1000000, how much would you donate?

$100,000+ probably. I'd be choosy about who I gave money to though. THe people of Diego Garcia would get a large amount as they have no home since the US government kicked them off their island.

What's your biggest achievement?

I would rather guess they will bring x86 compatibility to macosx. iTunes found the way to the pc world to increase the market for the iTMS. Safari has no huge benefit but a bunch of competitors while macosx would be something really amazing for the pc world..

If macosx would run great on a pc, would you then buy one?

If it was an Apple branded PC, probably :D

IF you were buying an iPod, would you consider one of the HP ones seen as they can be obtained significantly cheaper?

yeah I'd get the HP iPod if it were cheaper. The logo on it doesn't grab me, it's the product.

what's your favorite sandwhich? (anything - cheesesteak, italian sub, BLT, etc)

Only if you view threads as oldest first. Or is it newest first?...

If I may respond to Zammy-Sam: Apple will not release an X86 version of Mac OS X as long as they still sell computers. Why do they make such a great OS? So they can sell their computers at high premiums. Porting OS X to X86 would be a very costly venture with little benefit; software would have to be re-written to take advantage of it. I mean, can you run Windows software on Linux? They both use the same hardware...

Anyway, on to my question: what's your current job description?

Student and freelance.

(BTW -- Apple doesn't sell their computers at high premiums -- show me another company that can put together an identical computer with identical components and sell it for less and I'll eat my shoes! Apple's computers are fairly priced!)

What is the minimum number of years of mandatory schooling that your country requires?

I believe it was 1985 or 1986. My father got himself a Atari Commodore 64, aka C64. I loved to play games on it. In those days there was no harddisk but a floppy drive which was a "regular" Cassette-deck and later a 5.25 floppy drive. We even had a monitor that was green-scaled iirc.

What was the first thing you did on your first computer? Games? Programming? Layout?

The first thing I did in my first computer was turn it on.. ;)

Actually, I played some games on it and played around with some of the other software on it, wuch as a spreadsheet and a wordprocessor. I also practiced programming in BASIC which was what I was learning in elementary school at the time.

This was on a Mattel Aquarius

If you used a computer in the 70s and 80s, what was the most obscure computer you've used? (Please provide a link to the computer's description.)

Back