Interview the person beneath you

It's either a Mac mini, or a used G4 AGP so I can upgrade it... I'm leaning towards Mac mini!

Were you initially disappointed with Apple's offerings, but after watching the streaming keynote, satisfied?

Yes. I watch every year, twice when they have two shows. Instead of going to Apple.com and seeing only "Mac mini" and "iPod Shuffle" with some new pieces of software, you get to see the man himself demoing stuff that sounds alright at first, but is amazing when you see it.

What is the biggest difference between the way Steve Jobs runs Apple and the way you would run Apple?

<sir_edmund_hillary>Because it is there my good man!</sir_edmund_hillary>

Do you think this is a question?

That's more of a question for the question-question thread although a question it is. Ask there - someone may have an answer :D

What level of education do you have?

lurk said:
<sir_edmund_hillary>Because it is there my good man!</sir_edmund_hillary>
That was Mallory, actually, not Hillary, and he was only alleged to have said that. :p

Yes I think my job is great. I am a designer of climbing and mountainering books (hence the correction above - sorry lurk). The money's fairly cr@p, but there is an immense sense of job satisfaction! I get a real kick from going into a bookshop and being able to say "I did that one and that one and THAT one!"

Did you have to go to university to get a degree to do the job you are in currently?

No, I am going to college to get OUT of the job I am in. :)

Would it be better to save as much $ as I can and get a 1.6 Ghz iMac, or splurge and get the 20"?

AFAIK "Generation": e.g the G3 was the third generation of PowerPC's.

Do you think we will see G5 PowerBooks in 2005?

A report from Digitimes in Taiwan claims that the production of the G5 powerbooks is prepared and that the release will find place in the 2nd quarter of this year. Check our here.

Would you buy a first rev G5 powerbook?

There are too many compromises involved in mobile computing, so I wouldn't buy a laptop of any description - not even a G5 PowerBook!

Will the Mini Mac take significant market share from the Wintel mafia?

I would say it will certainly take some. I think any market share gained would be significant for Apple at the moment. 10% is in sights within a year or so.

Which Apple Software products do you use?

Regularly, OS 9, OS X, iTunes, iChat, Safari. I also intend to use GarageBand 2 when I get my new iMac (which will still probably be the 1.6 Ghz — as much as I'd like to splurge, I don't think I could afford it).

What would your second choice for a browser be if your first wasn't available? (And what is your first choice?)

Depends on the operating system.

Mac OS X - iTunes
Mac OS 9 - also iTunes
Windows - you guessed it, iTunes. :p
Linux - xmms
Mac OS 7.6.1 (or any 68K-capable OS) - MpegDec

Which audio format is your favorite?

Back