Jason's Daily Pic Thread! (Big pictures - not 56k modem friendly)

Whatchya Think?

• Cool!

• You Suck!

• *shrugs*

Results are only viewable after voting.
I, too, can not take pictures, but for a different reason: I don't have access to a decent digital camera, and I don't want to use my dad's expensive film cameras, then scan the film, etc.

Wonderful work! Keep it up!

G: How often do you get close to polarbears?

Johnny: That girl's expression (who is she, BTW?) is absolutely perfect.

becks_beer.jpg

Shutter: 1/636th sec. | Aperature: f7.1
Sunny day. Good food. Good beer. Good women. Good day to be a man.
hab_sig.gif

bike.jpg

SHUTTER: 1 sec. | Aperature f2.1

Took this shot of my mountain bike about an hour after a muddy ride. I used a soft orange light in a dark setting. Shutter was set to 1 second to gather all available light.

Okay, I took this in NYC, I was rushed and didn't have time to steady myself before I snapped it, but it still came out pretty good. Could use a little bit of photoshopping, but I don't really have the time.

Its one of the Firemen memorials for 9-11

Image238.jpg

Always remember 343

I hope they made sure the statue was politically correct this time and is an amorphous blend of all races and religions and preferences. I just love it when people rewrite history for me.

Nice shot though Johnny. I like it. If you get more into photography you should pick up a tripod for steady shots.

Even if I did have a tripod I wouldn't have been able to use it for the shot because I was in a group of about 10 people and they were in a hurry and refused to wait for anything :(

Thats the way most of my NYC shots were :(

What, they would have left without you? Was this a New York tour (hidden meaning there)?

I especially like the, um, *ahem* memorabilia he seems to be holding.

Actually they were about a block away from me by the time I had snapped the picture. It was a school trip for our band, and I was with some other band members and their parents, there were no guides or anything.

Originally posted by citizentony
How do you like the C-740? I have the C-2100 which is a biger model but uses the same zoom mechanism. It's to big to carry with me when I am on my motorbike so I am looking to get something smaller but am in love with my zoom.

i do like it a lot. i was thinking of a cheaper camera but the zoom made me think then about this ... and after trying the alternatives this felt the best. it looks a bit like an old fashioned camera which isn't bad (=safer) and it's small enough to be in my backpack whenever i need it. i think i need to find spare batteries for tomorrow now, i really don't want to run out of batteries in michigan avenue opening tomorrow... ;) :p :)

Great pictures!! Could I get the bottom one in a higher res for desktop? Where were they taken?

Welcome back!

Giaguara those landscape shots are juicy. Very nice colors, contrasts, and composition!

rocks.jpg

Shutter: 1/600th sec. | Aperature: f4.0

Went to the beach today but the sky was so hazy, and it was so hot that the only good shots I got were a few macro's like this one.

Back