Safari with Tabs (v62 - v71)

Status
Not open for further replies.
While i mention 10.3 ... what do u think the chances are, of having write access to FTP Volumes, via the Finder ... that really Bugs me!

Yes. Even better.* You just drop them into a folder and then Apple-Click the folder from the bookmark bar, for example, or use the last submenu of the folder, which reads 'open in tabs'.

*Even better, because you don't have to save the bookmarks twice, once in a group and once for themselves...

I've found, leaving a tab open, then clicking a URL, in Mail, for example loads the URL in the previously empty Tab! ... not bad! ... anyone seen that? :p

I hope tabbed browsing isn't the only option.

There are lots of times were I need seperate windows open to compare things, etc.

whats the point getting rid of the metal? i think it looks really good on safari, very elegant since there is so little of it.

Originally posted by ~~NeYo~~
I've found, leaving a tab open, then clicking a URL, in Mail, for example loads the URL in the previously empty Tab! ... not bad! ... anyone seen that? :p
Just verified that! That's GREAT... Just always keep an open empty tab, and we can wait patiently for Apple to implement that preference... :)

Originally posted by fryke
Just verified that! That's GREAT... Just always keep an open empty tab, and we can wait patiently for Apple to implement that preference... :)

wow, i found it by accident too! ... its quite neat! i am learning to leave tabs open now!

Neyo

I can't wait till apple lets me download it. I think i can wait till then. Any chance that Spell Check is always on?

Hmm, I guess there were much more Jaguar builds downloaded, though, mostly because there simply _were_ more...

Originally posted by twister
I can't wait till apple lets me download it. I think i can wait till then.
***BZZT***
Brain... malfunctioning.... Oxymoron... too... confusing... Vital... systems... shutting... dow—

i hate having to goto File / New Tab, all the time, for "a new tab" (lol) ... sometimes i have one hand on the mouse, one on the Coffee .. i don't wanna hit Apple+T...

Basically, i'd love a button the toolbar, for "new tab" ... is it possible? ... applescript or something?! *clueless*

NeYo

haha anyone else get the default stylesheet (in preferences - appearance) to make all plain text green? :b I got my hands on build 64 and its nice :) although whenever I command click on a link i get a new window and a new tab :( But i do love it! downloaded camino the other day to see if I liked it still and nope :( safari forever...

Originally posted by ~~NeYo~~
i hate having to goto File / New Tab, all the time, for "a new tab" (lol) ... sometimes i have one hand on the mouse, one on the Coffee .. i don't wanna hit Apple+T...

Basically, i'd love a button the toolbar, for "new tab" ... is it possible? ... applescript or something?! *clueless*

NeYo

Yep, a button is a VERY logical solution and I have some more:
-Click & hold for a second (or CTRL+click) would give us a menu similar (or the same) to the one we get when Tabs are already visible. This would occur when the click happens on the menu/bookmark bar
-Double Click on the menu/bookmark bar
-Similar to Mozilla where there is an option to show always the Tabs even when only one page is viewed
-Or use the "+" button which now functions as method to add a bookmark by click & hold for a second or two, or even when it is double clicked (I know it sounds confusing but is it?)

As for the New Tab button could be located next to the Bookmark/History button either at left or right...

Some ideas but excuse me anyways because Hulkaros isn't known for his ideas! :eek: His alter ego Bruce Banner on the other hand... :rolleyes:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back