What is your favourite quotes?

Years ago, walking with my wife on 86th Street between 3rd and Lex., NYC, I ran into my old friend Jimmy... to my wife he says...

"dear you're looking so good I thought you were with your uncle."

Jimmy Hylande (since deceased). Great friend.

The reason a lot of people do not recognize opportunity is because it usually goes around wearing overalls looking like hard work.
Thomas A. Edison

Corollary:

The trouble with trouble is it always starts out just like fun.
Ralph

This just in: From a poster discussing a friend on a different forum who comes from South Africa:

ChuckF said:
Oh, and one time we got into a Mac/PC argument and I invoked Apartheid.

Sorry, I find that awesome.

--J.D.

There isn't any symbolism. The sea is the sea. The old man is an old man. The boy is a boy and the fish is a fish. The sharks were all sharks no better and no worse. All the symbolism that people say is shit. What goes beyond is what you see beyond when you know.

~Ernest Hemingway (describing The Old Man and the Sea - qtd. in Elizondo, 1952)

You'll forgive me for being glib: http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&q=site:identi.ca+!q+msanford&btnG=Search

Some samples:

"What are the first two steps to installing !linux on an old computer? 1—Open case; 2—Vacuum." (me! :) )

"This sector is *not* uncharted…you lost the chart!" —Kiff Kroker (Futurama, S3E5)

And, drum roll… "This is our world now. The world of the electron and the switch; the beauty of the baud."

And my introductory sentence could be a candidate...maybe I'll submit it to fortune-mod ;)

Back