You are an OS X geek when ...

Originally posted by Giaguara
When you have an insane post count ...

gia i said that like aweek ago... geez.

you know your a mac geek when you think about going to the party for new iPod's that is gonna happen next week at the apple store...

.. When you are thinking to be "ill" from work/school on this friday if you can't make it otherwise to the closest / biggest Apple store in your area by 6 pm... :)

Originally posted by xyle_one
scary. because i do it way too much. i will be sketching in my book or something, and not like what i did, and seriousely try to press apple+z. horrible. i do not think this is a good thing ;)

Oh man, that's great stuff. I've had urges to do it...but thus far have refrained. Wish me luck.

Well ... I "need" to find a bluetooth - usb adaptor because i want my addressbook etc on my mac and i'm too lazy to type all the names numbers etc manually ... I guess that's bad too. :-/

you know you're an os x geek when:

you think about the price of a happy meal as three and a half songs from the music store

When you went yesterday to 2 apple stores...

... and when you finally can use your phone - after getting a bluetooth - usb adapter so you can simply add all the contacts from your mac to your phone. :)

You post on these boards....

Also, when you spend a sunny day indoors trying to find a way to make your desktop look more "bright and sunny (desktops, themes, icons etc..."

I did this. I'm not ashamed though.

You can't find the TV remote and try to key COMMAND-F

You spill milk on the floor and try to key COMMAND-Z

You get into bed at night and key CONTROL-EJECT followed by S

When you watch the dvds on the iMac even when there is a big telly and dvd player in your living room, just as a habit...

When you attach the Apple On Store (Music) Event - poster to your fridge.

When you look for digicams online, and after finding some that you like, you go to bestbuy to try them - and then order the one you like most from online.

When you first check the mac board and then go to get the morning coffee, and before going out you check the temperatrue on your menubar.

When you feel bored when you don't find any nice arguments in one day on a board...

When you spend a Friday night sitting in a line with over 2000 other Mac users in a mall waiting for Apple to release OS X 10.2....

Seriously, we got in line at about 8 oclock, and didn't get in to the Apple store before 12:30. It was 1:30 by the time we got out.

When you plan your flights on the way that you are somwhere with cable when WWDC starts and you'll be back for the Apple Store openings... ;)

• denotes me.

...you have 300+ posts on this message board (there, I finalized it into something concrete!) •

...you're up at 2 a.m. on this board, on a school night •

...you actually understand and can use UNIX

...you turn up the TV when an Apple commercial comes on •

...this is the only site you visit regularly (besides email) •

...you find yourself looking for a maximize/minimize button on actual windows attached to your house

...you give troubleshooting advice based on very little experience using OS X several months ago and still know it better than many people •

Um...wouldn't understanding and using UNIX be a UNIX geek rather than a Mac OS X geek?

...when you walk 20 miles to get the newest OS X release because your car is busted and the buses aren't running there on the weekend.

(yes, I actually did that. I got a ride home, though :p)

When you try to visualize the drop shadow on papers lying on your desk and finally realize that it will never happen because the papers are actually lying flat on each other...

When you want to see the the new iPod and drive 600 miles to see it and justify it by saying you were going to visit your brother even though you only spent a couple of hours with him!

Originally posted by Darkshadow
Um...wouldn't understanding and using UNIX be a UNIX geek rather than a Mac OS X geek?
Not if you couldn't tell your chmod from your fsck before you got X.

Originally posted by Ugg
When you want to see the the new iPod and drive 600 miles to see it and justify it by saying you were going to visit your brother even though you only spent a couple of hours with him!
Nah! A "true" geek would move just to be closer to an Apple Store. ;)

Back