You are an OS X geek when ...

you blow off a dinner invitation at the Intercontinental because you want to be online for confirmation / repudiation of the g5 rumors.

When you come back alive from baaaaad allergic reactions to see WWDC keynote online and decide to get well to be able to go camping on Michigan Avenue on thursday... :p

You go to the Apple Store to watch the Keynote live when you know you can't sit for 2 hours straight in metal chairs cuz of recent leg sergery. :p

You can't concentrate during your tennis match and almost piss the shit out of your partner because you wanna go check out the new powermacs at the local apple store... (It was too bad that they weren't there!)

... you queued at least 7 hours yesterday to get in the michigan avenue store among the first ones- :p

...you buy one of those new iMac G4s and even upgrade it to OSX 10.2, only to put Gentoo Linux on it. Oops, that's not related to OSX.

Ok how about this: ...you download Qt/Mac and get the crazy notion to try to build KDE using that lib just to avoid having to install an X server. At least I got step one done.

Restore "Aqua" to 10.3? I'm sure you meant to say restore my "Mac" to 10.3?? Sure! When someone gives it to me. Like I said, already bought 10.2.

When you can crash any PC in under 5 minutes of use, without even trying.

When you would consider buying all of your family and friends macs and isights just so you can video chat with them.

When you feel the panic coming on after you have to instruct a PC user to restart by clicking "Start" "Shut down" "Restart" ...

When using a PC, you find yourself turning to your wintel using workmates and saying, innocently "umm, does windows have a web server built-in?"

When you could pick your computer out of a line up of exactly the same model from 50 metres back.

when your friends still ask you to format their pcs so you can start in a party "i have touched a peecee ONCE this year ... i formatted it and installed redhat in it"

No, Lycander, I mean that, when I do get 10.3, I will find a way to use Aqua system-wide instead of the brushed-metal look. You don't "restore" something you don't have already or didn't have before.

...you don't know who Darwin really is, or what Aqua, Carbon, or Cocoa really are.

... when you see tabbed dreams at night and close the tabs when moving to another dream and before waking up quit the dream.app :rolleyes:

... you design a house in "brushed metal" with colored widgets for faceplates, blue pulsating flourescent lights, etc.

Originally posted by arden
... you design a house in "brushed metal" with colored widgets for faceplates, blue pulsating flourescent lights, etc.
Uh oh!

Does that mean your house will be obsolete in 2.53 years and you'll need to sell it to the kid down the block for $250?

Hmmm... I'd pause before getting that 15 or 30 year morgage...

Right. ;)

...you are reading the Computer Stupidities site, notice how most of the stupid users have PC's, and remark how much easier Macs are to use... :)

.. when you stay in the movie theathre to see all of the end titles because you are trying to get a hint on what software they used in the film... :rolleyes:

...you are more interested in a particular Wendy's commercial than other commercials because one of the people is using a Powerbook.

When you plan your connected flights on the way that you can participate to Apple events, or at least see them onliine before or after them ... to avoid being 8 hours on air when the keynotes of the major events are on. :D

... And when you score 38 % or more in http://www.innergeek.us/geek.html :)

Back