Originally posted by RacerX
The word is to blurry to make out... and why did you use so many images for the text part, you could have used one and assigned that frame a longer time (makes it download faster for us dial-up people :D ).

It says Listerene (don't ask me why, first word that popped into my head)
And I'm still learning Fireworks, so I havn't figured out how to do that.
I'm working on the box, so it doesn't skip.

I can make mine glow, then fade, like the Aqua buttons. How about that?

I don't really like it, because Fireworks downgrades the quality :(

Anyone here have an opinion about that?

I think i've gotta teach everyone on how to make avatars transparent... (i'm assuming that you use Photoshop and have the image open)

1. Make another image in Photoshop, same size, with a transparent background.

2. Copy and paste the original image into the new image.

3. Select the whitespace you don't want to have in your avatar and delete it.

4. Go to File > Save for Web and play around with the gif settings (note: don't forget to check the transparency checkbox).

5. You're done!

Thanks again, julguribye. That looks much better. :)

BTW, does anyone know of a OS X app other than Photoshop that'll just make an image transparent?

Adam

Hey Admiral, you Daemon looks very familiar... I know I've seen it some where. I can't remember though.

Macguy, wanna make your avatar transparent? It'll take a lot of work, but you can do it. :D

You know what? I am lucky. My avatar nicely covers the entire spot so I dont have to worry about these silly transparent issues. I think I will have to whip my sonic avatar back out. Its faster than any of yours.:D

Originally posted by xoot
Macguy, wanna make your avatar transparent? It'll take a lot of work, but you can do it. :D

Actually, with Fireworks it's easy.
1. Make a new 50 by 50 pixel image with a transparent canvas.
2. Create a green square in the middle of the canvas.
3. Choose Animate Selection from the Modify/Animate menu.
4. Frames:20 Movement:0 Direction: 0 Scaling:100 Opacity: 100 to 100 Rotation: 360º
5. Click the Object Window, then Optimize.
6. Choose Animated GIF from the menu.
7. CHoose export from the file menu.
Then you've got a transparent hypnotic spinning green box of death :D
Took me like 2 minutes to make. :D

Attachments

• box.gif
    box.gif
    4.7 KB · Views: 11
Cool! You finally made it transparent!

But, I can see that it has less frames than the old one. :)

Mine is a combination of the Docking Maneuvers icon and part of the Weatherling Icon. I made the Docking Maneuvers icon partially transparent and put it over the Round part of the Weatherling icon in Photoshop.

Then you've got a transparent hypnotic spinning green box of death

I don't get it, you can't see that its transparent without a background, it looks exactly the same as if it were opaque

Back