Congrats to Ed Spruiell!!

in that case I will post this, and more lyrics I like in that thread :p

As for teh lolita...she aint that young...just 17 :p lol.
The music video is quite interesting though. She is running and a man is running after her, he yells out "stoooop!", he catches up with her and says "I was wondering.... I was wondering...if you would go out with me....I.....I....I love you!" (well the gist of it anyway hehe ;) ). She asks for 10 franks, goes home gets dressed (after a small quarrel with her mom it seems) and goes clubbing in town (of course without the man). The man catches up with her at the club and they come back in the morning. Her and her little sister on foot and a few hunderd yards ( I think) trailing them, the man. The little kid says something like "oh I am sooo tired" :p

if you have teh bandwidth ed go to www.moi-alizee.com and go to the videos section. See "moi lolita" and "gourmandizes"

admiral

Pretty sure I already have a great avatar in the works....

...Look for the unveiling in two weeks, during my keynote!:p

Look everybody! I'm the Steve Jobs of avatars!:D

hold breath for avatar
smoke outside with Ed

hold breath
smoke outside

breath
smoke

breath
smoke

breath
smoke

hmm

Eureka!

nope.

btw- it's all Phil's fault.

"it always is"
- Jimmy Buffett

stop holding your breath and enjoy the cigarette klink.

(ed reaches over and removes klink's ear plugs that he is wearing to avoid listening to Tolya sing)

now, stop holding your breath and just smoke the cigarette klink. They cost too dam much to waste 'em like that.

so you guys probably missed the speed skating and the controversial finish. we got it live on the left coast. i also watched the US tie Russia in hockey. Did you know that the men's hockey team has never lost a game on American soil in all the years of the winter olympics? By getting the tie, they kept that streak alive. Frankly both teams played pretty poorly for most of the 1st 2 periods.

I got the yard mowed today just before it started raining. if i had started about 5 mins. earlier my timeing would have been perfect. but as it was i put the lawnmower away in the rain. My GF got started sewing the slip cover for the couch tonite. Ii is going to look so much better when it is done.

It was pretty funny. at one point she called me down to ask me how she should do something. I kept giving her suggestions and she kept arguing with me about why they wouldn't work. in the end she had figured out what she was going to do and not one of my ideas was incorporated into it:p

lol :p
for some weird reason when I sing in english, french and a little in german, my voice sounds horrible. When I sing in greek and italian then I sound much better. The next song that I sing will be in italian for all of you that couldnt take my singing ;)

Enjoy your cigaretter and dont treat it like pot klink :p

Admiral

Sorry about that, I was feeling a little silly last night.

Thanks Ed, now how does it go again? In through the nose, out through the ass?

I'm ready for a listen now. Belt one out Admiral.

I would belt ou Sei Grande by nek but I think that I can't really post lyrics in here and then post them in the lyrics thread too...perhaps I should rename the lyrics thread to karaoke thread lol ;-)
Maybe Herve's needs a karaoke night ;-)

So klink do you know Sei grande ?

Admiral

NO KARAOKE at Herve's !!!:mad:

I have to draw a line somewhere and I will not see Herve's ruined by karaoke!! play what ever you want from the dj booth, but NO KARAOKE!!:D

** whipes sweat off forehead **
phew! good :D --- I dont like karaoke anyway :p dont like to sing in front of others :p

(maybe we can have troll night karaoke, put people on stage that are trolls...that would make for a laugh...kinda like standup comedy :p)

Admiral

well, i got the 2 rose bushes planted today. If i had a wheelbarrow i would have started on the whole for the pool. but i probably won't get it until friday so i will pray it rains again next weekend.

I am nowhere near as sore as on thurs. nite. It is mostly my arms from pushing down on the shovel to pry the plants up with as much root as possible. I think i stopped at just the right point this time.

hey, you know what we could have at Herve's - celebrity roasts. we could pick one person for the week and everybody could make jokes about them. it could be fun if people do it with some sense. it could be a bomb if certain teenagers are rude and call names like it was the cuss thread. I don't know. seems worth thinking about.

btw - the lyrics thread seems to be going well. i have seen some really different stuff in there. of course my son's favorite band is the one with all the 'fuck' phrases in it - Limp bizcuit. oh well he will be a real teenager in just over a month.:p (like father, like son i guess:D )

Is that legal ? :p
Won't Ed get in trouble with the california authorities ? :p lol :D

Hey Ed, now that you talk about celebrities, whatever happened to that mailing list thing of OSx.com ?

Hey phil... how about putting nummis avatar in your little pot purri as well ? ;) and Scott's olf walking beer can ? :p

Admiral

Phil, i am not sure i am ready for my son to see how i act here. :D

Tolya - Herve's is a family joint so no problem with the laws and losing the license there. Minors just can't indulge in the good stuff.

hey, i am as confused as anybody about the newsletter. it just sort of died for some reason. i tried attending 2 chat room meetings that never took place and then just quit worrying about it. i expect it will resurface after march 3 and the site changes taking place then.

so to sort of continue from this last little bit of misunderstanding over in Ak's congrat thread, is anybody else a bit concerned that as we start growing that this place will get over run by the usual morons who visit message boards? or have we got a strong enough base of regulars to keep the civility around here? (of course i am counting on admin to continue to enforce civility as well, but still, stupidity is rampent in the rest of the world;) )

lol of course we will keep civility ;)
thats why we have court martials and corporal punishment by the admiral :p hehe :D

wait...we do have taht...dont we ? :confused: :p

did you say court marshalls and corporal punishment for the Admiral? Of course we have that. We have to have some way to keep you in line. But then again, the corporal punishment would probably be more effective if you didn't like it so much. Perhaps we should have someone other than that lady with the thigh high spiked heel boots doing it:D

so klink, should we dig in the trenches this time (if it happens) and fight them till the last man standing? I am sure RacerX, Chemistry_Geek and others will fight them on the first front, but when they make it to the bottom of the page, this will be our battle:p

Perhaps it time to rally the musketeers and begin training;)

Sorry Addy I don't want to seem rude. I don't know Sei Grande. Honestly the only Italian songs I know are the old folk songs that you'll hear at weddings.
Oh, now I would think you wouldn't mind a little spanking from a dominatrix. Might make the Admiral stand at attention.:p
As the Pepsi slogan once went, "Try it, you'll like it". LOL :D

Ed you should have enough experience digging holes by now that the trench should be a fine place to stave the enemy. If I have a war buddy by my side, I tend to charge with no fear. But I might need to go to boot camp to learn the finer points of warfare. I'm just a private and will probably go off half cocked without a loaded side arm.;)

Look at this, know I can't stop using these emo's.':rolleyes:'

Coursey examines Windows-using 'Mac Voyeurs'
by Peter Cohen, pcohen@maccentral.com
February 19, 2002 11:40 am ET

In his latest column for ZDNet's Anchordesk, entitled Mac voyeurs: All talk, no action, executive editor David Coursey muses on the phenomenon of "Mac Voyeurs." They're PC users who are interested in his recent use of a Macintosh.

Regardless of their interest in the Macintosh -- sometimes even admitting it's a good computer -- these folks would never buy a Mac, said Coursey. "I suspect that for these people, the Apple Store would be adult entertainment," he said.

Coursey admits to growing weary of telling "these Windows bigots" about the Mac, who he derides as suggesting that they display a herd mentality for their platform of choice. Coursey said, "I'd hate to push them into a non-conformity they just couldn't handle."

Regardless of his own rather sanguine experience as a Mac user these past few weeks, Coursey suggested that he hasn't "become a Mac zealot," and he said that he's developed respect for the Macintosh both as a home computer and, with some tweaks to its networking capabilities, as a system that can work on a Windows network too. "I'll keep saying that if more people were exposed to Macintosh, more people would buy one," he said.

Mac Voyeurs, he said, aren't interested in buying Macs because there's less software. "But the real question is whether the apps you need -- or acceptable alternatives -- are available on Macintosh. And in most cases, for your typical home or office user, I think the answer is yes. And the apps are generally nice ones, too," he said.

LTM - i just came from replying to that thread. and i don't think it is a sad day at all. I think the fact that you have demonstrated some maturity and self control is a wonderful thing. Stick around and stay a nice guy. it will be good for you.;)

Klink - we will try to remember to not let you near the guns. Perhaps we will start you out with a small knife and a big stick. Maybe a few judo lessons. :D

Tolya - the most disturbing part of the idea of you handing out the corporal punishment is the thought of you in the leather outfit with the executioner's mask :p the thought of having a resident dominatrix is much more appealing:D well, maybe the mask isn't such a bad idea:D :rolleyes:

Herve - I haven't checked my email yet. that must be why you beat me to the lates Coursey story;)

Back