Herve's Bar & Grill

To change then subject I'm starting to question my banks' accounts (9 have two banks) and it worries me after the giant Bank that has part of our money supply cartel!

If you don't trust your bank you can:
1) Get your money into $ bills (or coins if your really don't trust them) and keep it under your bed
2) Buy gold, and keep it under your bed
3) Buy houses, and maintain and rent these (you will still need a bank for the transactions but the risk is limited)
4) Buy land, and hope its value will increase and will be higher when you want to realise it
5) Buy government bonds...

(BTW, if you do 3, 4 and 5, you will have copied what SVB did. But you will probably not have someone asking for it in cash at a bad moment, will you ?)

or 6) you can send it to a Swiss bank, we will know what to do with it :)

To change then subject I'm starting to question my banks' accounts (9 have two banks) and it worries me after the giant Bank that has part of our money supply cartel!
huh??,
I think Hervè may have hacked Satcomer’s account.
Hervè, come on out and have a brew.
:cool:

Sense everyone in place has computer, if you go to YouTube and put the search for "Stargate The Movie" in search of Youtube the movie will come up with no commercials!

I read a good opinion piece in the Washington Post the other day, a little different from the usual.
It was inspiring amid the gloom and the hopelessness that is the daily output of the media.

Human capacity can solve society's ills - we need policy and purpose that can unleash that capacity.
If only we could agree...

Last edited:
I read a good opinion piece in the Washington Post the other day, a little different from the usual.
It was inspiring amid the gloom and the hopelessness that is the daily output of the media.

Human capacity can solve society's ills - we need policy and purpose that can unleash that capacity.
If only we could agree...

Sorry the Post demand my email address to read the article, no dice in my book!

I understand that, many such a site I walk away from.

I got a gift subscription from a friend, but I'll have to remember which computer/device it works on. I'll get a summary and put it somewhere. The gist is the writer is tired of journalists abdicating on the need to include hope in their investigative reports. "It's not my job to give hope!" is the refrain she hears and does not believe it's true. Hope is a product of looking at both sides of a story. She did some research on the subject and found that respected psychological studies have shown that hope is not just some airy-fairy feeling or cuddly emotion about a cat being saved from a well. It is a tangible, measurable and - importantly - trainable response to stimuli. The conclusion of one of the studies is that there is a formula for hope that makes it repeatable: hope= goal + roadmap + willpower. As such there is a way to foment hopefulness with (my words) policy and governance. Doom and gloomers - she says - are being irresponsible by not highlighting the process of the formula that can be found in every area of crisis that we face.

I'll see if I can find the article someplace else, it really was quite inspiring.

Yep, optimism is key to success, this is probably the #1 item of any good MBA program. And we also learn that people buy to news paper for the tree that is falling, not for the forrest that is living. So basically the good news is good for us and for humanity but it does not help selling the news paper that pays for the journalist salary.

On another thread site someone was trying to figure put the USA broadcaster signal that go for gusto 100 miles and now with ATSC going to 3.0 to broadcast 4 k content! However todays technology geared for 1080i will be paperweights this next year and plus a user has to be in line of site of the antenna broadcasting this new digital standard! So this means you buy all new eepment to handle 4K on your network, so don't but any devices today if they can only handle 1080i!

Yep, optimism is key to success, this is probably the #1 item of any good MBA program. And we also learn that people buy to news paper for the tree that is falling, not for the forrest that is living. So basically the good news is good for us and for humanity but it does not help selling the news paper that pays for the journalist salary.

True that., Chevy. Journalists sell bad news mixed with kitten in the well stories. Politicians do too. Ergo hope becomes cheap.

They are wrong to do so. Perhaps that's why newspapers are dying. They have the format to cover the background processes and progress that will engender hope, but don't and so people don't read. (that plus the agenda they push to extremes in some cases cough nyt cough cough). "On-line click-bait-out-scoop-the-competition" is not a format for reflection and perspective but the a daily or a weekly is.

"On-line click-bait-out-scoop-the-competition" is not a format for reflection and perspective

But then since they got ya, they bait you with a subscription in order to read that scoop. disgusting

But then since they got ya, they bait you with a subscription in order to read that scoop. disgusting
Yes.. and no. If people would accept to pay for one or two newspapers, they would have access to most news that they find relevant and be less sensitive to baits.

I'll admit that paying for something that was once free is distasteful. The lament of grumpy oldies everywhere.

But yes, cost of a few good papers so you can get two views of the same event (sometimes) is worth it if only to give you strength to opt out of the rage-machine that is cable news and click-bait political sites

Was free press (in the sense of free to publish what they know, not controlled by any government) ever free (in the sense of a free beer) ?

well - my dad used to commute to the city everyday by train from and to the last stop so he would scoop up copies of all the papers after the buyers all left them in their seats. So Times, Daily News, NY Post, Herald Tribune, Village Voice, an occasional Newsday and (treasure) a Rolling Stone were always around - for free. as in beer. ;^)

Back