Herve's Bar & Grill

I started to pay for a limited number of news papers (all one-line) and a few information web sites after a long conversation with an old friend who did many things in his life, including working as a freelance journalist. There are things that have a cost that I can afford and that I find valuable.

I don't mind paying for really good journalistic reporting. In fact I do have a few subscriptions. When one in particular started writing articles that were totally one sided from more than one journalist (they were pushing theories that did not make sense), I bailed out.

Mere coincidence???
Two of the infotainment industry’s biggest rage monsters get the axe the same day??

I don’t know but it makes me happy anyway. I don’t watch either platform but of course it’s hard to avoid them altogether, and both of them, Carlson and Lemon make my skin crawl. Hope they take their money and go find a nice beach somewhere.

Lemon and CNN were unhappy with each other for a while. The major question is why Carlson and why so soon after the settlement and before the remaining lawsuits get action.

Lemon and CNN were unhappy with each other for a while. The major question is why Carlson and why so soon after the settlement and before the remaining lawsuits get action.

I heard reports it wasn't that it was a former female staffer is blackmailing news corp saying she has audio tapes of Tucker saying bad things sexually!

Those recordings are of interviews with a couple of *rump people, no private recordings of Tucker.

According to Marcy Wheeler (aka emptywheel @ https://www.emptywheel.net ) the Fox lawyers went through a boat load of digital recordings, emails, text messages, etc and uncovered an overwhelming amount of evidence that implicates Tucker and his executive producer (Justin Wells - who also got canned) over statements that Fox can no longer sustain or defend. It could be his attempts to get cozy with Putin that NSA has been monitoring since 2019. It could be what he has said about the top brass that is un-nerving. What ever the case, when your employer does a surveillance of your communications, you may be in big trouble.

Those recordings are of interviews with a couple of *rump people, no private recordings of Tucker.

According to Marcy Wheeler (aka emptywheel @ https://www.emptywheel.net ) the Fox lawyers went through a boat load of digital recordings, emails, text messages, etc and uncovered an overwhelming amount of evidence that implicates Tucker and his executive producer (Justin Wells - who also got canned) over statements that Fox can no longer sustain or defend. It could be his attempts to get cozy with Putin that NSA has been monitoring since 2019. It could be what he has said about the top brass that is un-nerving. What ever the case, when your employer does a surveillance of your communications, you may be in big trouble.

So your telling us you never criticized any of bosses throughout your life?

No - but be ready to take the consequences. I would say Tucker is better off fired. At least he won't add too much to the time he'll spend in hell for his untruthiness. (the algorithm is something like {ht=u^i * as} where ht= time in hell, u = untruthiness, i = insincerity and as = the size of the audience)

So your telling us you never criticized any of bosses throughout your life?
Not in print or where some one may be recording the conversation and definitely not with a co-worker who may stab you in the back and tattle. (my sisters were good at the latter)

I've noticed the current generation doesn't seem to understand putting something on Internet with boards or social networks stay almost forever and future generations ahead and employers are going to look at an applicant's history to see your past Internet history and like I said before that's FOREVER! You just ruined your LIFE in teens and twenties for instant cash on strip sites makes you target for every bad guys out there!

It's not only the the pics sites (while I can understand how some would do it for the much needed cash).... it is the words and the so called groups they support that can mark a person for life. And once you hit 'post' it is there, even in archives if you try to delete it.

But of course they are smarter than us old gezzers.

However I just saw poll that said even the so-called top young 1% said they would never marry a so-called only-fans girls ever! They consider then just like to old strippers of the recent past! you even know the old song "She's great to look at but don't fall in Love" still rings true to kids today!

I wonder how many of that 99% are very happy to access that content and similar, while, in parallel, rejecting the individuals who create the content they view...

However I just saw poll that said even the so-called top young 1% said they would never marry a so-called only-fans girls ever! They consider then just like to old strippers of the recent past! you even know the old song "She's great to look at but don't fall in Love" still rings true to kids today!
Maybe the so-called top young 1% is not the type of young that every other young is looking for if they plan to marry. If they plan to marry.

The world is full of different people with different references and different expectations.

Maybe the so-called top young 1% is not the type of young that every other young is looking for if they plan to marry. If they plan to marry.

The world is full of different people with different references and different expectations.

The so called 1% play the field with many girls because all these younger gils are al looking for Chad (1 % rich playboys)!

Well I was banned from another forum again for stating a conservative view pointed at no body in forum Speak Your Mind ! I said "There seems to be a two tier Justice System for Conservative compared the other party"! I guess many moderators are hell bent on push us out se goodby everyone! No forums in future anymore!

What did you think would happen if you posted your views on a liberal forum? Or did you cross over and tell it like it is which angered the Tories?

Well I was banned from another forum again for stating a conservative view pointed at no body in forum Speak Your Mind ! I said "There seems to be a two tier Justice System for Conservative compared the other party"! I guess many moderators are hell bent on push us out se goodby everyone! No forums in future anymore!
Like many half-provocative sentences, this one taken out of context can be applied to anybody, and could be perceived conservative or liberal.

My two cents: anybody saying something has "two tiers" considers that he is in the one that is currently less in favour. In reality, many things are not black or white like two tiers would suggest.

My other two cents: if you are banned from a forum, usually this forum is not worth for you to spend time on it. Move on to a place where you will be welcome (I did it more than once, without regret), life it too short to spend it with people who do not appreciate our presence.

I agree. Suggesting two tiers suggests a feeling of being disadvantaged.

If I'm honest, I am baffled by the persecution complex that has been developing amongst the right wing over the years about the justice system, science, the media, online information sources, and more. For example, a check of the US' Supreme Court make up shows 6 conservatives and 3 "liberals," if I understand correctly, and it has been quite similar for ~60 years!

Countries also have different understandings of what is considered left wing and right wing. It would be hard to find many outside the US who consider the Democrats as very left wing (perhaps centrist?), and certainly not "far left."

In general, countries also tend toward inertia and supporting the status quo, which means there is often a trend towards most systems and news media having a general, conservative leaning. Things we take for granted now would have been a big "shake up" at an early time in history (e.g. reduction in working week days/hours, ending slavery, women's right to vote, civil rights, etc.). That said, it is not always one particular party for positive changes and the same other one against.

I would defend rights to freedom of speech, although privately-run forums also have a right to regulate themselves as they see fit.

Following on from what chevy says, if someone feels unwelcome on a particular site, I suppose there is a choice to make: leave to find a site that fits more closely with one's own beliefs to minimize the daily hassle (but be in danger of living in an echo chamber), or else stay engaged if there is a genuine interest in two-way discussion and furthering of the debate... but this means also being open to changing our own minds, not only changing the other person's mind.

I also think, however, there is A LOT of pure disinformation out there, which needs to be countered with facts when we see it.

bbloke - the weird thing is the TDS on Trump spared to frump treated when Hillary in 2016 was investigated about a private email service she was accused of sending classified info onto and the wiped the server 3 times to make sure it was gone and still no chargers! To me this proves a 2 tier Justice System in United States and I'm starting to see this in many European counties the same thing, just look at France!

Back