What is your favourite quotes?

reed

Registered
(refering to Frank Harris) "He was invited to all the great houses of England. Once."

Oscar Wilde

S

slrman

"Beliefs, no matter how sincerely held, do not alter facts." (#15 in my personal list of Universal Truths) :D

Doctor X

Registered
I've . . . SEEN things . . . you people wouldn't believe! Attack ships on fire off the shoulder of Orion! I watched sea beams glitter in the dark near the Tannhauser Gate! All those moments will be lost in time . . . like tears in the rain. Time . . . to die.

--Roy Batty, Blade Runner

--J. "I've Done . . . Questionable Things" D.

Rhisiart

Registered
I have to look beautiful so that the poor Filipinos will have a star to look at from their slums.

Imelda Marcos

chevy

Marvelous Da Vinci
Staff member
Mod
"Je crois que j'ai une ouverture."

Michel Blanc in Les Bronzés.

Doctor X

Registered
"Damn the torpedos full speed ahead" I forgot who said that.

Rear-Admiral-David-Farragut.jpg

Rear Admiral David Farragut, Battle of Mobile Bay

"Damn the torpedoes! Four bells. Captain Drayton, go ahead! Jouett, full speed!"

--J.D.

Last edited:

Rhisiart

Registered
In the beginning there was nothing. God said, 'Let there be light!' And there was light. There was still nothing, but you could see it a whole lot better.

Ellen DeGeneres

reed

Registered
I think I have seen the light at the end of the tunnel!.......... But its NEW JERSEY!!!!

CaptainQuark

93 93/93
It is no measure of health to be well-adjusted to a profoundly sick society.
Jiddu Krishnamurti

I am no angel, unless an angel is a sinner that keeps trying
Nelson Mandela

voice-

Registered
Every once in a while Star Trek brings up excellent points.

"I believe in coincidences. Coincidences happen every day. But I don't trust coincidences."
-Garak

g/re/p

I can haz cigar?
It took us a long time to find out that we had been lied to by our parents' generation. The moralities that were followed during our parents' generation were basically arbitrary. This caused a rift between the two generations, which was brought on by the beatniks.

- Peter Fonda

Satcomer

In Geostationary Orbit
"Hurricanes are like women: when they come, they're wet and wild, but when they leave they take your house and car." - Anonymous

Rhisiart

Registered
Lady Astor to Winston Churchill: If you were my husband I would put poison in your tea."

Winston Churchill to Lady Astor: "If you were my wife, I'd drink it."

"Hurricanes are like women: when they come, they're wet and wild, but when they leave they take your house and car." - Anonymous
Used in Traffic (directed by Steven Soderbergh).