What is your favourite quotes?

(refering to Frank Harris) "He was invited to all the great houses of England. Once."

Oscar Wilde

"Beliefs, no matter how sincerely held, do not alter facts." (#15 in my personal list of Universal Truths) :D

I've . . . SEEN things . . . you people wouldn't believe! Attack ships on fire off the shoulder of Orion! I watched sea beams glitter in the dark near the Tannhauser Gate! All those moments will be lost in time . . . like tears in the rain. Time . . . to die.

--Roy Batty, Blade Runner

--J. "I've Done . . . Questionable Things" D.

I have to look beautiful so that the poor Filipinos will have a star to look at from their slums.

Imelda Marcos

"Je crois que j'ai une ouverture."

Michel Blanc in Les Bronzés.

"Damn the torpedos full speed ahead" I forgot who said that.

Rear-Admiral-David-Farragut.jpg

Rear Admiral David Farragut, Battle of Mobile Bay

"Damn the torpedoes! Four bells. Captain Drayton, go ahead! Jouett, full speed!"

--J.D.

Last edited:
In the beginning there was nothing. God said, 'Let there be light!' And there was light. There was still nothing, but you could see it a whole lot better.

Ellen DeGeneres

I think I have seen the light at the end of the tunnel!.......... But its NEW JERSEY!!!!

It is no measure of health to be well-adjusted to a profoundly sick society.
Jiddu Krishnamurti

I am no angel, unless an angel is a sinner that keeps trying
Nelson Mandela

Every once in a while Star Trek brings up excellent points.

"I believe in coincidences. Coincidences happen every day. But I don't trust coincidences."
-Garak

It took us a long time to find out that we had been lied to by our parents' generation. The moralities that were followed during our parents' generation were basically arbitrary. This caused a rift between the two generations, which was brought on by the beatniks.

- Peter Fonda

"Hurricanes are like women: when they come, they're wet and wild, but when they leave they take your house and car." - Anonymous

Lady Astor to Winston Churchill: If you were my husband I would put poison in your tea."

Winston Churchill to Lady Astor: "If you were my wife, I'd drink it."

"Hurricanes are like women: when they come, they're wet and wild, but when they leave they take your house and car." - Anonymous
Used in Traffic (directed by Steven Soderbergh).

Back